Model Cars Magazine Forum

MY '32...

I know they're a dime-a-dozen, but this one is MINE. Still struggling with what I want it to look like. I dropped the nose some, and the motor is from the "Rat Roaster" kit. I need to build headers, and I'm not sure whether to bend styrene or try solder (input welcome here). Still, I'm havin' a lot of fun with these things. And with twelve weeks down with a broken ankle I should get pretty good at this.

Or go completely nuts.

P5080007.jpg

P5080006.jpg

P5080008.jpg

Dale

They might be a dime a dozen but they make such great hot rods!! There is so much than can be done with them, both in the real world and, thanks to Revell (and the aftermarket of course!), in scale as well.

I like where you're going with this build and will watch with interest. Let us know how you get on with the solder, it is something I have never done so any enlightenment will most helpful.

SARRY TO HERE ABOUT YOUR ANKLE ,THE 32 LOOKS GOOD ,DO YOU NOT HAVE THE HEADERS FROM THE RATROASTER ? ,IF SO YOU CAN SHORTEN THEM TO WORK ON THAT BUILD , SOLDER WOULD BE MY PICK IF I HAD TO MAKE SOME ,I,V USED BOTH SOLDER AND STYRENE ,DEPENDS ON THE TYPE OF HEADERS ,

Thanks for the confidence-building folks. And for the link Dinky.

The Roaster tubes just don't feel right for this car, if you know what I mean. LOVE the '32's myself. They just look MEAN. The Roaster car is gettin' a nasty flathead whenever I get to it. Like Doug says, you can do so many things with them. Pretty far out.

Dale

You can never have too many Deuces! They are spectacular any way you slice them...box-stock to channeled-and-chopped.

I agree with Doug, the main thing is that you are putting your own spin on it and having FUN doing it! looking good Dale!! :)

Try aluminum welding rod for the headers.It's light weight,strong and can be polished to a chrome like shine with any type of metal polish.I use super glue to bond it to styrene.I got mine from a friend who does a lot of aluminum welding.Works great.