Model Cars Magazine Forum

allow myself to introduce...myself.

ahoy hoy,

just getting into the hobby here. lifelong car nut (primarily a VW & F1 guy, but love all things automotive especially german and italian) and collector of 1:18 diecasts. looking to get into building my one models now.

my father used to be big into modelling, and still is a model railway enthusiast, and my uncle has always been into model airplanes. i've just never had the time and patience myself...but i think now i'm ready to get into it.

over the years i had squirrelled away some kits that have been collecting dust so i figured i may as well put them to use.

here's what i'll be working my way through...i'll look to post updates here as i go.

- Tamiya 1:12 Mini Cooper

- Revell 1:16 VW Beetle

- Tamiya 1:12 Lotus 72D

- Tamiya 1:12 McLaren MP4/6

and then some restoration jobs on some older kits my dad built....a Tamiya 1:12 Lotus 49 he finished in the early 70's that could use a freshening up, as well as a Tamiya 1:12 Lotus JPS MKIII 78 that he aborted halfway in.

can't wait to sink my teeth into everything...i cracked open the Mini tonight and started on the motor!

for what it's worth i am also a massive (obsessive) simpsons nerd too!

Edited by gjp16v