Model Cars Magazine Forum

TOM NOVAK`S : BBC "SIDEWINDER" new project 5/9/14 "FINISHED PICTURES POSTED

Terrific fabrication, as usual, John! Looking very impressive, m' man!!

One comment about the 1:1, though. That fuel tank; that engine. Fill it up, start the engine, warm it up, stop and refuel the empty tank before proceeding out of the driveway. Sheesh! How can that little tank keep up with that thirsty mudder!?!

Hey John, another "Quarter Scale" project, heh!

luv seein' you incorporate 3D pieces into your work

What glue do you use on the 3D stuff?

Also, what glue do you use on your Evergreen/Plastruct stuff.

What you do with plastic strip and sheet amaze me...ya gotta use a fairly strong adhesive.

One of the things about your work I enjoy is the minimal use of "photo-etch" parts...you are definitely not a "photo-etch junkie"

The bike is coming along real nice, I gotta mention that even in my younger days...I didn't have big enough "cajonays" to even sit on a monster like this let alone ride the thing! :o

c'ya

Edited by curt raitz

Hey John, another "Quarter Scale" project, heh!

luv seein' you incorporate 3D pieces into your work

What glue do you use on the 3D stuff?

Also, what glue do you use on your Evergreen/Plastruct stuff.

What you do with plastic strip and sheet amaze me...ya gotta use a fairly strong adhesive.

One of the things about your work I enjoy is the minimal use of "photo-etch" parts...you are definitely not a "photo-etch junkie"

The bike is coming along real nice, I gotta mention that even in my younger days...I didn't have big enough "cajonays" to even sit on a monster like this let alone ride the thing! :o

c'ya

Hi Curt…….I use Super Glue……. yellow tube ,red cap…….I buy it at the 99 cent store…….2 tubes per package…….same glue on the Styrene…….thanks Buddy :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello……..Chris ,Art……...thank you guys so much for the kind comments…….I really do appreciate them :) ……..I made a engine stand almost like the 1:1 ………I shortened the front end………I used a front wheel ,rotors and tire from my parts box……..I sanded down the front tire to resemble a front drag tire………I also made a radiator……and got the front end mocked up with the brake system………this is just a mock -up……everything will look all nice and pretty latter…...thanks for looking.

DSCF0917_zps1a6820e7.jpg

DSCF0921_zps06e8f6f4.jpg

DSCF0919_zpsf64530bc.jpg

DSCF0915_zps07cb5d65.jpg

DSCF0920_zpsf5e5f184.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello……..Seth,Chris………thanks guys that means allot :) ……..I shortened and modified the front end……I modified the risers and handlebars…….and also modified a seat……..and mocked-up the headlight…...thanks for looking.

DSCF0935_zps9e3c2a23.jpg

DSCF0938_zps599b6b04.jpg

DSCF0932_zpsa61a5432.jpg

DSCF0925_zps1391283d.jpg

few more progress photos.

DSCF0928_zps34a8641c.jpg

DSCF0922_zps2a7a05e2.jpg

DSCF0926_zpsba9698b4.jpg

DSCF0931_zps851edd6c.jpg

Hello…….thank you all very much for the kind comments…….I really do appreciate them :) …….. made some taillights ,got the alternator mocked-up……..made a battery and battery tray…….also made a puck tank and modified a brake handle……..thanks for looking

DSCF0966_zps56366717.jpg

DSCF0956_zps4bf4fddd.jpg

DSCF0960_zps4dd3bdf6.jpg

DSCF0964_zps66111b3a.jpg