Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Starliner custom......

JollySipper

Looks good so far. Do you have any description on your plans for this one?

I also have a Star liner kit that I would like to finish sometime. Do you have a link to your previous Starliner?

Maybe sometime I will post up The progress I have made on mine.

I always thought that the '60 Ford was a very well thought out design that got very little appreciation at the time of its birth. Great looking cars. Problem was the real ones rotted out like the '58 Chevy did! Not many of the Fords around now.

D

Thanks for the comments guys!

I have the body in filler primer and have scribed most of the trim for foil. I scribed after the primer so the filler wouldn't fill my grooves. Next is a good sanding followed by some regular primer....

Paul, the 1:1 is pretty sweet! It's still to be seen whether or not I can pull the paint job off..... ^_^

starlinertwo003_zpsc51dd6d1.jpg

starlinertwo002_zps4b6f5b82.jpg

starlinertwo001_zpsd5e8ee7f.jpg

Finally made some progress on this one! The engine is finished, door panels done, and the dash is nearly complete. The real car has a lace pattern on the dash, but I won't be going that far (mainly because I'm not sure how!)

If you guys have any questions or comments, fire away!

starlinerthree002_zps4a2564c6.jpg

starlinerthree001_zps2f435776.jpg

starlinerthree003_zps10ff7d8e.jpg

Here's a little more progress! Got the chassis rolling and attached to the floor pan. The body is only in filler primer now, still needs a good sanding followed by some regular primer..... then the fun part can begin!

If you guys have any comments, questions, or suggestions, feel free to let me know! :)

starlinerfour002_zps415b0931.jpg

starlinerfour001_zpseacd0532.jpg

starlinerfour003_zps3434de8f.jpg

Thank you, guys for the comments, and for following along... ^_^

Got the base on the body! Also finished the interior, and the underside is done. The body is painted with Dupli-Color Performance White. After a few days of it curing I will lightly wet sand it, then I can start laying out the panels!

• 2 weeks later...

starlinerfive001_zps5dd4e4e7.jpg

starlinerfive003_zps3edbe2a3.jpg

starlinerfive002_zps7c6f6940.jpg

Finally got the supplies needed to mask my panels! Thought I would give you guys a little update, and show you how I plan on masking this thing.....

I layed foil around where the outside of the panel would be, drew the line where I wanted to trim with tape, then trimmed the foil using the tape as a guide. Then I just added the scallops.....

I still have the rest of the body to do, so wish me luck!