Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beauty Supply Find

Not sure if these will work for everyone but was in walmart the other day and came across packages of small do dads to put in nail polish as it dries. On the top row is strawberries (not to convincing and not pictured) kiwi, oranges and watermelon, the rest of the packaged had stars and other objects but I thought that these three were the most convincing, they look close to scale and i bought several packages thinking that it could be added to dashboards or placed on the seats of vehicles or even in a scratch built picnic basket.

IMG_20140508_234145_zps97c1cc3a.jpg

Edited by Darren B

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The beauty stores can be very helpful for details. Look at Nail Polish for Paint choices, Nail jewels can be Blue Dots for the tail lamps, The nail strips can be used for seat covers, and/or the leopard print for a custom interior look. The Sanding Sticks that come in various grits on either size. I have bought and used many of these items I mentioned.

The beauty stores can be very helpful for details. Look at Nail Polish for Paint choices, Nail jewels can be Blue Dots for the tail lamps, The nail strips can be used for seat covers, and/or the leopard print for a custom interior look. The Sanding Sticks that come in various grits on either size. I have bought and used many of these items I mentioned.

Another item are bobby pins, I use them to hold paint brushes vertical when cleaning in a solution cup. mixing this with another conversation regarding brushes

greg