Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW Type 1 Motors

Thanks for the contact information, Larry. What a lot of people tend to forget is that for all the people on Facebook there are also a lot of people that don't want anything to do with it. I'm always surprised when vendors restrict themselves to that site. (Nothing personal, I've noticed this with many others who offer product or services only through Facebook.)

Thanks for the contact information, Larry. What a lot of people tend to forget is that for all the people on Facebook there are also a lot of people that don't want anything to do with it. I'm always surprised when vendors restrict themselves to that site. (Nothing personal, I've noticed this with many others who offer product or services only through Facebook.)

x2 Thanks for the contact info and I agree, Facebook is limiting regarding customers potential customers and not really well designed for merchandising. Even within Facebook many users don't look beyond their personal circle of friends.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been getting several PM's from guys wanting the VW engine kit. I am still in the process of making them up. The weather this time of year plays a factor in casting these. My garage/shop is not heated and these tiny, thin parts do not produce well in cold. The resin doesn't want to "kick" as tit would when the temps are above lets say 60 degrees.

I also will have brake drums and transmission kits available at the same time the engine kits are released and ready to sell - all for the VW builder.

Please understand that I will NOT take money for these until I have them in hand - ready to ship.

If you have send me a PM stating you want one, or more, I have your name on a list and will contact you first before updating the web site that they are for sale to the general public - so those who were first to want these are taken care of, first.

I am hoping to get a couple poured up this weekend - more if the weather is warmer as they have stated it will be.

Again, thanks for understanding and your patience.

Larry

Those are cool! But I couldn't see much demand in me making the masters for this. If you or someone wants to make the master I would entertain molding them up and casting them.

Right now I am just trying to get resin poured in the cold weather to get these engine kits out......I hate cold weather and small/thin cast parts....have I said that already! LOL!

I really have no idea how to make a master. :( I know the wheels were 13", supposedly custom made for the car in the movie. I had initially thought the 15" nascar wheels from one of the AMT kits might work, but I'm not so sure.

Your engine kits look beautiful, by the way!

• 2 weeks later...