Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW BEAT-LE

dantewallace

Looks ugly. Neatly done, but ugly.

As an owner of many a beetle, and more than a few BEAT-les, you need to almost completely remove the floor pan underneath the rear passenger seat, where the battery is. Trust me- that's the first place to go.

I'll re-iterate. Poor beetle...

Dale

Looks ugly. Neatly done, but ugly.

As an owner of many a beetle, and more than a few BEAT-les, you need to almost completely remove the floor pan underneath the rear passenger seat, where the battery is. Trust me- that's the first place to go.

I'll re-iterate. Poor beetle...

Dale

You know Dale, I googled for over a week trying to find good photos of exactly where the floor rots the most on these, but all I kept finding were pictures of rot under the seats,or a complete floor replacement in progress. Thank you for telling me about the battery area as I was completely unaware. I did have a friend mention that to me awhile back but did not mention where exactly the battery location was. I am not knowledgeable on VW beetles in the slightest

Well Dante, it seems to be what this forum is all about. And I know little, but I do know bugs. And you take the nicest, un-restored beetle in the world, and the battery storage will be rusted.

That just sounds weird.

Dale

Edited by Dale W. Verts