Model Cars Magazine Forum

Diamond Reo Junkyard Dump Truck

Terry, I really like your uninspired projects!!! But I do have a question. The hood and fenders . Were the hoods and fenders steel, aluminum or fiberglass? I honestly do not know . Be Well Gator

Gator, they were fiberglass but I'm using my artistic license here. Kind of like a model of a rusted corvette that I've seen. 

Gator, they were fiberglass but I'm using my artistic license here. Kind of like a model of a rusted corvette that I've seen. 

Terry around here you may not be using as much creative license as you think. I've seen fiberglass hoods that had the fender ripped off, and then patched back on with metal plates. A little fiberglass added to hide the screw heads and all is well until the metal rots and rust begins to bubble through the fiberglass resin. I think Sam would back me up in saying that around here there are no rules on what you might find. So let that hood rust!

Awesome work on both trucks by the way!!!...Brian

Terry around here you may not be using as much creative license as you think. I've seen fiberglass hoods that had the fender ripped off, and then patched back on with metal plates. A little fiberglass added to hide the screw heads and all is well until the metal rots and rust begins to bubble through the fiberglass resin. I think Sam would back me up in saying that around here there are no rules on what you might find. So let that hood rust!

Awesome work on both trucks by the way!!!...Brian

X2!!

Terry,

I kinda thought the hoods were fiberglass. I had not really given any thought to repairs made with pieces of metal. But you are right about that.

I like your artistic license, and my question was in no way, shape or form, meant as a criticism.

I really like your builds  and hope to continue to follow your build threads here.

Be Well

Gator

Terry,

I kinda thought the hoods were fiberglass. I had not really given any thought to repairs made with pieces of metal. But you are right about that.

I like your artistic license, and my question was in no way, shape or form, meant as a criticism.

I really like your builds  and hope to continue to follow your build threads here.

Be Well

Gator

No worries Gator, I didn't take it as criticism. I encourage question, comments, or pointing out my mistakes. And as always I appreciate your kind comments. Thanks for following

Terry,

Your weathering is very convincing !  Question. Do you have a fuel tank filler cap to put on the fuel tank? And or a cap for the hydraulic tank ? ;-)

Be Well

Gator

Yes, the caps have been installed tonight along with the mirrors, luberfiner,mud flaps, and AC lines. I should have some pics up tomorrow. Thanks for looking.