Model Cars Magazine Forum

Using Pledge Floor Care Tile & Vinyl Floor Finish with Future Shine

m408

Thanks for the feedback Mike.  Yes, some of the old decals can just fall apart after the years.  Perhaps a foam brush applicator will give a thinner coat.  I was wondering if the future would smear home printed decal sheets.  Thanks again!

• 2 months later...

Total newbie to the finishing part of the hobby. With the lack of any find of Future-related product on store shelves in my area, I'm wondering about stuff called "Rejuvenate." It looks to me like it might work well, but, then, I'm a newbie. Any thoughts?

20221003_103157.jpg

20221003_103206.jpg

15 hours ago, Irv said:

Total newbie to the finishing part of the hobby. With the lack of any find of Future-related product on store shelves in my area, I'm wondering about stuff called "Rejuvenate." It looks to me like it might work well, but, then, I'm a newbie. Any thoughts?

20221003_103157.jpg

20221003_103206.jpg

Future has had a number of different names but the formula is pretty consistent with each iteration.  I believe it is currently Pledge Multi-Surface Floor Finish  You can still find a bottle of the original on the internet but they are expensive. 

9 hours ago, Pete J. said:

Future has had a number of different names but the formula is pretty consistent with each iteration.  I believe it is currently Pledge Multi-Surface Floor Finish  You can still find a bottle of the original on the internet but they are expensive. 

Yes. So the question is, might this Rejuvenate product be an acceptable and affordable substitute?

6 hours ago, Irv said:

Yes. So the question is, might this Rejuvenate product be an acceptable and affordable substitute?

Don't know.  The Pledge multi-surface floor finish is currently available in retail stores or amazon.  Why would you mess with something else. 

• 2 weeks later...

Holloway House.   Quick Shine Multi Purpose Floor Finish.      In the green carton.   A USA product.

It looks as though this would be an equivalent to Klear and subsequently named similar Johnson's products.

Have any of you guys got or tried the Holloway House product?   Any feed back would be welcome.

The Rejuvenate mentioned in a previous post is marketed as a 'cleaner', not just a finishing product. This product's chemicals might be very different to the Klear/Future formula so it might be a good idea to test it first.

Edited by Bugatti Fan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting,  Why both?  Looks like the same stuff in both bottles. If I was going to try it, I would have just bought the small bottle. If it doesn't work out, I would be only out 7 bucks. :)  If you look for the manufacturer on the back of the bottle, is it made by one of the large companies (like Johnson & Johnson), or by some small company we never heard of?

• 1 year later...

The smaller Holloway House one is about £16 over here in the UK. I still have some Kleer left from ages ago and it was a lot less expensive.

Even at £16 the Holloway House product is still a lot less expensive per milli litre than many dedicated modelling products that do the same thing

Looking at the US Wal-Mart price, you Americans get it dead cheap to try out !

Edited by Bugatti Fan

I've used the Revive It for years. One thing I noticed was it not good to use over spray can enamel paints as enamal takes forever to cure. 

Edited by ewetwo

I just tried the Quick Shine.  Seems to work ok.  Not quite as shiny as I would've liked, but I think that has something to do with first time using an airbrush.  Will continue to use.

David. Using Acrylic based products over enamel might not be a good idea long term. Enamel takes ages to dry out thoroughly and although it looks and feels dry its solvent can still be leaching out into the atmosphere for a long time after you think it is dry. Acrylics effectively form a plastic airtight seal so there just might be a chance of blistering. This might be the cause of the curing problem you have been experiencing.

Edited by Bugatti Fan

7 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

David. Using Acrylic based products over enamel might not be a good idea long term. Enamel takes ages to dry out thoroughly and although it looks and feels dry its solvent can still be leaching out into the atmosphere for a long time after you think it is dry. Acrylics effectively form a plastic airtight seal so there just might be a chance of blistering. This might be the cause of the curing problem you have been experiencing.

That's why I don't do it on enamels anymore.

We live and learn all the time, and I have had a few disasters along the way in that learning process.

I wish I had a pound or a dollar for each of my previous cock ups.       It would buy me a Tamiya kit !