Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi all, I started this about 5 years ago. it was meant to be a long term build.

other builds were taking preference over it. Two years went past with out touching it.

But now I'm full steam on it to get it finished for a model comp in June.

Anyhow the story is that no one has done a Tojo ute in 1:25 scale.
so I thought I'd give it a bash!
I have never made any car completely out of plastic card. so this could be interesting.

a 75 series ute was parked out front of work , so I snuck a few measurements
before the owner came back. funny thing is he was standing behind me watching what I
was doing. when I explained he asked if he could hold the end of the tape measure for me. phew!!!

Hope you like

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg

Edited by Shoey

Amazing work! When I saw the thread title I thought you would have started with the Landcruiser kit, and convert the body to ute style.. not scratch build the entire thing! Really cool. That body is sure castable!

And a funny story... I once was measuring off a really beat short mason truck bed that was sitting up on the highway with a For Sale sign on it. The owner walked up behind me and asked what I was doing. He had no problem with me measuring it off, seeming a bit puzzled he said, "Well if you like it that much, why not buy it? It's only $600." I actually thought about it for a minute!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Thanks Guys. Will get more pics up soon as this is coming together real fast now.

Hey Tom, That is pretty funny. this must happen everywhere.

I have a mate over here who does military models. he has to be real carefull not to get shot when taking photos and measurements.

G'day Ben, You didn't tell me you were on here too!

I saw your work in the Australian model car forum and I really admire your skills! Do you plan to cast those magnific Toyotas?

I have no plans at the moment, When I get the urge to build another one I might pull it apart and mould it.

Thanks for watching.