Model Cars Magazine Forum

MAD chopped '49 Mercury Woody Body

The latest from Kris Morgan over at Morgan Automotive Detail. As usual, it's an extremely high quality piece- nicely cast and I'll be condemned if I can see where the modifications were made to the master. I don't have a Revell Merc Woody body to try it out on yet, but if past experience is any indicator regarding MAD bodies, it should be a drop-on replacement for the kit body.

011_zps03adc4c1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the kit a few days ago, and as I suspected, all Revell kit parts work with the MAD body just as though you're using the Revell piece. The Revell stuff has so far needed more prep work done than the body. :rolleyes:

001_zps0a500e3f.jpg

DISCLAIMER- the Sombrero caps, lake pipes, and unseen-but-present lowered suspension components are not included with the Wagon kit- I nabbed them from the chopped coupe kit.

• 2 weeks later...

What did ya use for the bed section?

Not sure what you mean by bed section but, to clarify the donor kit is the new Revell 49 Merc Woody. Chuck just took thinks a step further by using a few items from the Revell custom Merc kit.

Thanks for posting the pics Chuck

• 1 year later...

I know this is kind of an old thread, but hopefully OP is still around...I just got my 49 Wagon Kit and am ordering another Chopped Coupe with the plan on building a custom wagon. I have considered the chopped body, but before I order it I am wondering if the windows from the stock kit fit the chopped body, and if not, what works as a good solution to make your own. I'm a fairly experienced model builder but am just getting into customizing outside of what comes with the kits, so any help would be appreciated.