Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 Chevy Impala Convertible

ChevyCoupe41

Hi guys! :)

Finished this one about day ago. First I must have to say if that color combo looks familiar I used exactly same colors on my '62 Impala Hard Top which I presented here about two years ago. Here's topic http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60181 About two weeks ago I got idea to make Convertible version of it and here it is. Well I was started this one earlier in this year and there was interior and engine almost finished but whole project stalled because paint job failed. Now I'm pretty happy that paint job failed because this color looks much better on it than that bright red. I painted Impala by using Maston spray paints and after It dryed I sprayed couple thick rounds of clear coat to it. Mostly it's box stock build but I putted few details to it like flocked interior floor and made fuel line to engine and put plug wires to it. Wheels and tires are from my parts box. Front fenders eblems decals are from Revell '65 Impala Convertible. Lisence plates are from that kit also. Here's some pics.

P5261276_zps1e628f62.jpg

P5261278_zpsc9166460.jpg

P5261283_zps8dd184ea.jpg

P5261285_zps3dbc1b09.jpg

P5261287_zps6947c8a5.jpg

Edited by ChevyCoupe41