Model Cars Magazine Forum

1973-1979 ford crewcab

That looks pretty clean - aside from the aforementioned windshield error. Maybe it's a genetic flaw in those models.. :wacko: But the cab looks nice otherwise. Now someone needs to do a Supercab based on that body style...

That looks pretty clean - aside from the aforementioned windshield error. Maybe it's a genetic flaw in those models.. :wacko: But the cab looks nice otherwise. Now someone needs to do a Supercab based on that body style...

He is in the process of mastering a super cab and it should be available soon

Now THAT would be a good one. We have a 1:1 '77 Ranger F150 . We bought it in 1987 with 106,000 miles exactly on the odometer and today, it has close to 300.000 miles onit. It is the smoothest riding and most comfortable truck imaginable and it has served us faitfully. :wub: It's been parked for a few years now but will be recomissioned late this year or early next year and reinstated as a daily driver. For sure I'll get at least one of those.

He is in the process of mastering a super cab and it should be available soon

And, going by what he is saying, that might have a corrected windshield opening. He's aware of that quirk in the original AMT kit, and has plans to work the correction into future versions of the cab.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have an URL so we can look at his page and contact him to order? Speaking for myself, I'm especially interested in a Suer Cab when it is ready and I know someone else who will want one as well....I don't do Facebook - hate the thing and refuse to go on it - but I;d like to contact the man.

Edited by impcon

Do you have an URL so we can look at his page and contact him to order? Speaking for myself, I'm especially interested in a Suer Cab when it is ready and I know someone else who will want one as well....I don't do Facebook - hate the thing and refuse to go on it - but I;d like to contact the man.

I pmed you his email

From what I have read they where all aftermarket. I think some of them where chevy

now it makes sense about why alot of the fenders look like chevy fenders so were the ones in the amt tough truck somewhat correct for that year of truck i think i read somewhere its a 71 but not sure

hmm i wonder why dually's must have not been very popular as nothing but work trucks back then

5th wheel travel trailers must have been uncommon in the '70s and before...I know in the '80s I saw a lot of duallie pickups towing them. I've seen a couple '73-79 Ford duallies in 1:1, and they had add-on fender extensions like the Dodge duallies had back then.

• 1 month later...

What he said. Ford did not make a factory dually pickup until 1980.

...'Ford did not make a factory dually pickup- with a box- until 1980'... ;)

Here's a pic I took of a '72 wearing '87-'97 fenders...

enzo1043_zps418d2751.jpg

Is there a link to that crewcab/modified box vendor for the non-facebook folk?

mike

Edited by mk11

• 3 weeks later...

...'Ford did not make a factory dually pickup- with a box- until 1980'... ;)

Not a pickup if it doesn't have a box. :P

I suppose I should clarify... Ford didn't make a dually pickup (with a box ;) ) in the modern era until 1980- you could order dual rear wheels on the heavier-duty Ford pickups in the '30's, but they were pretty rare and Ford didn't offer the option for very long.