Model Cars Magazine Forum

1934 Chevrolet Master 5-Window coupe.

landman

I almost forgot! My car has a luggage rack. I have to somehow make one of those.

IMG_5582.jpg

With the skills you have shown on this build I would think this would be a piece of cake. A grid of flat plastic stock glued together with a couple of moldings, done.

Added the pinstripe, foiled vent window dividers, vent window "glass", door handles and cleared it. Didn't add the pinstripe to the upper molding as it would have been as wide as the molding itself. This will be the roughest, crudest 34 Chevy model in existence.

IMG_5603.JPG.e93d40d4335b5c62e2c452c5ba156c7f.JPG

IMG_5602.JPG.8044cd8cdfbf0b92548e9026a01ff141.JPG

Edited by landman

REdid (heavy on the RE) the fender/running board assembly, added stuff to the interior. 

IMG_5608.JPG.888ff1363a43b19f6f801b575b72169e.JPG

IMG_5609.JPG.2c57dc3406662b4ec962b5a2a4a311ae.JPG

Assembly on the way. Had to use larger screws, white metal was stripped. Will have to move the driver's side front wheel in somehow. Boy, what an ordeal!

IMG_5611.JPG.a69bb1d6e0355b867a25eed2cb2f5183.JPG

IMG_5612.JPG.35623fc0fd1cbfee3c7f8c2f5f114484.JPG

Edited by landman

Final assembly with the start to the luggage rack beside it. I made a reduced photo to use as a template. Here it is with my trademark smears, smudges and nicks. The glue in the headlights will dry clear....eventually.

IMG_5613.JPG.c5b070a90212c4e0bfd831899c566a52.JPG

IMG_5614.JPG.097cfb0baa13ad10614be48ab5e2e443.JPG

It is supposed to look like this.:

1687810075_Bazouvendre.jpg3.jpg.3c63b8dcb8f916171a8bfc115aa35231.jpg

I would like to thank everyone for the kind words throughout  this long build. Please remind me not to attempt this again.

Edited by landman

Pat, congratulations on getting this far on your epic project.  Sure, there might be things that annoy you or that you would do differently next time but considering that a '34 Chevy is probably THE most underrepresented classic American car in all facets of modelling, from HO scale train accessories to 1/64 diecast to 1/43 collectibles to 1/25th scale plastic to 1/18the scale collectibles, well, you get the picture, you have created a genuinely unique model and it is a solid representation of the real thing in the garage. That HAS to put a smile on your face every time you look at it!

Cheers

Alan

I've followed this along from the beginning and sense some disappointment in the final result.  As a good deed I'll help you by offering a place for you to store this eyesore.  Box it up and mail it to me directly at...

All kidding aside,  this is a terrific model. Well done overall and in my view well worth the effort. 

I've followed this along from the beginning and sense some disappointment in the final result.  As a good deed I'll help you by offering a place for you to store this eyesore.  Box it up and mail it to me directly at...

All kidding aside,  this is a terrific model. Well done overall and in my view well worth the effort. 

What a generous offer. You forgot to mention the address. Actually, would you give me a week or two, it might grow on me. B)

Pat, I think you are too modest about your result.  I think you did a fantastic job and you now have a model that represents the real thing well.  I'm amazed tha it came out so well given what you had to do to get there.  Great job!

• 3 years later...