Model Cars Magazine Forum

Griffin designs 351 peterbilt hood

Hi fellas, I've been looking for a peterbilt 351 conversion hood. I found that griffin designs used to do one. Are they still in business? I guess there might be an influx of classic peterbilt conversions with the release of the california hauler. Might have to scratch build one otherwise. Cheers.

Ben

On Tim Alhborns site I saw that hes reworking the master for the hood that Griffen had cast. So maybe hes about to get it cast by someone else? Ive nabbed a bunch from Spaulding, and ebay over the years but I havent seen any in a while. When push comes to shove, theyre not difficult to make from a 359 hood and a lil elbow grease ;)

On Tim Alhborns site I saw that hes reworking the master for the hood that Griffen had cast. So maybe hes about to get it cast by someone else? Ive nabbed a bunch from Spaulding, and ebay over the years but I havent seen any in a while. When push comes to shove, theyre not difficult to make from a 359 hood and a lil elbow grease ;)

Cheers. I've read the article on how to cut down the hood. Looks doable. Gathering all the other bits for my planned project.

Ben

Bobby Griffen, his casting company Griffen Designs, and the masters done by folks like Tim Ahlborn are long gone. His castings were pretty good, but the resin he used with the thin thickness of his castings were subject to distortion over time, especially after building. Look at P&P Resinworks for future conversions. He's got a new, long hood already out for the upcomin little window Pete. http://www.ppvintagekits.com/CARS/Resin-Price_list.html