Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV

krishna.iskandana

Hi again guys,

Here's another recently completed model, Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV from Aoshima.

Superb kit as usual, but somehow I just couldn't fit the doors properly, must have been my mistake as a modeller.

The color is tamiya TS 16 yellow with gloss clearcoat from Mr. Hobby.

The original wheels were too small for my taste, so I decided to change them with 19" Work Gnosis GS2, also from Aoshima, but I chose to keep the original tyres.

Let me know what you think and thanks for looking.

Best Regards

Krishna Iskandana

Jakarta, Indonesia

Perth, Western Australia

LamborghiniMurcielago670-4SV1_zps800d4cc

LamborghiniMurcielago670-4SV2_zpsdb71629

LamborghiniMurcielago670-4SV3_zpsa7b7fa0

LamborghiniMurcielago670-4SV4_zps9dbdb13

LamborghiniMurcielago670-4SV5_zps29d3e9d

LamborghiniMurcielago670-4SV6_zps51e9c15

LamborghiniMurcielago670-4SV7_zps6e33573

LamborghiniMurcielago670-4SV8_zpsce40919

Nice Job!! Looks great! I have been looking to get this same kit to compliment my display of Lambo's as well. Did you happen to use the Aoshima made "Detail-Up" PhotoEtch set with it? Wondering how much or how little it helps to "detail-up" the box stock kit.

Chris

Fantastic build!!

What is your opinion of the Aoshima kits? They have quite a few nice looking kits, but I'm not sure what the build quality of the cars are. In their instructions, do their paint codes refer to Tamiya, Mr. Color, something else..?

That looks fantastic! I love the color. If you had problems with the doors I surely cannot see it, well done! I have one to build as well and am probably going to go with the orange on the cover.

Chris

Edited by crispy

Nice Job!! Looks great! I have been looking to get this same kit to compliment my display of Lambo's as well. Did you happen to use the Aoshima made "Detail-Up" PhotoEtch set with it? Wondering how much or how little it helps to "detail-up" the box stock kit.

Chris

Yes, I used the PE parts from aoshima as well, but they are available separately.

From my point of view the PE parts fairly helped to detail-up the box stock kit because i didnt use all of them, only for parts which are visible from the outside such as mesh, emblems, etc

Fantastic build!!

What is your opinion of the Aoshima kits? They have quite a few nice looking kits, but I'm not sure what the build quality of the cars are. In their instructions, do their paint codes refer to Tamiya, Mr. Color, something else..?

In my opinion, Aoshima has been rapidly progressing in terms of new models they issue each year and the quality of their kits.

Their quality easily eclipses the quality of fujimi kits in a way that if I was to choose, for example, the same newly released lamborghini cars from fujimi and aoshima, the fujimi kit would cost me let say 40 dolllars while the aoshima kit 60-70 dollars, I would still have chosen the aoshima kit with zero consideration.

I consider tamiya still has the best quality, but they are quite conservative in terms of releasing new 1/24 car kits. Meanwhile, aoshima has progressed and excelled in terms of new releases and quality far beyond expectation. Oh, and their facebook page has been very helpful to improve their customers interface.

In the instruction, the color codes refer to GS Creos so that would be the same to Mr Color.

Thanks for your kind comments guys

Best Regards