Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Peterbilt 359

My goal was to finish this before June 1. Many of you sharp eyed guys will notice a few things not on the Truck - Mirror cross brace, rear mudflaps, stack grab handles. (mirrors are on temporary with white glue as well as the pogo stick) Sadly this will be packed away starting tomorrow 6/1 for a move to Montana.

This is the first Peterbilt I have ever built, I am sure I logged in close to 100 hrs at Tims Trucks :lol:

The pics

P5313486.jpg

P5313488.jpg

P5313487.jpg

P5313489.jpg

P5313490.jpg

The build can be seen here

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=87574

I gave this truck poseable front wheels - another first.

Thanks for looking, hope you like it as much as I did enjoy assembling it.

Thank you everyone for the comments and well wishes for the move. :)

I also painted the air deflector for this kit black. I did not mount it for obvious reasons. I really want to find some logos for this truck and some plates for it. Also I normally build a "first kit" clean to learn the quirks then the next of the same will show a rougher life.

What do you think - should this truck be pulling a Tanker ?

Thank you everyone for the comments and well wishes for the move. :)

I also painted the air deflector for this kit black. I did not mount it for obvious reasons. I really want to find some logos for this truck and some plates for it. Also I normally build a "first kit" clean to learn the quirks then the next of the same will show a rougher life.

What do you think - should this truck be pulling a Tanker ?

Tanker would look good.

Old buckaroo that is a beautiful truck I agree that the flat bed with the rolled steel will look good I built that same flat bed trailer I have pics in the under the glass and on the work bench of the trailer! I was wondering how you built the pogo stick I want to add one to my peterbuilt?