Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford 3-Window

PapaSquat73

Evening all! After looking at everyone's AMAZING skills in the forum, I decided to break out my models and see how much I need to learn. :D (I can only improve, right? lol) The one I decided to take on was my '32 3-Window. So far, I've primed a few of the major pieces, and I'm still in the process of mocking-up and test fitting some others. Here are a few pics of where she sits so far. Again, it's still in rough state, and I have NO idea on color, or if I'm going to run it with or without the fenders.

Any and all comments are more than welcome! :)

Hope you enjoy.

(Passenger side - body on w/ engine mock up)

photo1-vi.jpg

(Wheel detail)

photo4-vi.jpg

(Engine - different angle)

photo-vi.jpg

(Front & rear wheels)

photo1-vi.jpg

Thank you everyone. I'm doing more work on her now, so I'll get more pics up soon. ;)

kmjmusic - The silver on the inside of the rims is actually Testors aluminum. It came out better than I thought.

cobraman - I've been using it for a long time. People get a good chuckle from it. lol

oldschool - I was actually going to try that tomorrow with the tires. I have an old set from another model I'm going to practice on.

bpletcher55 - I've been looking for an excuse to start again, and being out of work with a bad ACL is the perfect time I guess. :lol:

More to come...very soon!

I built that kit a number of years ago and I loved it! It was one of many models that hit a yard sale during the divorce. I'm looking forward to building it again and your thread has given me encouragement. The Lil Deuce Coupe has always been one of my very favorite cars.

I would run it fenderless. Unless you really drop the front end on a fendered coupe, the wind will pick the front up at speed and cause the steering to go really light possibly leading to a crash. That's some FYI from the guys who drive the REAL 1:1 Deuce Coupes.

Wow, looks like I picked a hot model to build here. lol Agent G, I'm always up for some friendly competition!

I'm working on her now, so I should have some more pics later on. DavidG, I am like 90% sure that fenderless is the way I'm heading towards. I think the look of the exposed wheels on the Deuce is just perfect!

Thanks again everyone.

More to come...very soon!

Glad to see you also to return to modeling.I took a 20 year hiatus myself and am having the time of my life being retired and building again.I an also relate to building while off work due to an injury.I was off several months with a broken pelvis and worked from a tv tray.Just goes to prove what one accomplish in a short time in a small space.

That was 32 years ago and I cut up a model products co 1910-ish Ford roadster and made a high top coupe from it.I called it "the 2 week T"cause that's how long it till me to build it.

Welcome back to the madness!