Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Chevrolet Biscayne.

om617

Started some months ago,got it painted today and just letting it breathe before clear goes on. Not sure who

casted this but they did a sloppy job. The tub was garbage and so was the chassis,i bought it off Ebay a

year ago. Maby some left overs who went wrong? Anyway,did my best with getting the body decent,and

i used the Monogram Impala Convertible chassis,firewall and tub. The tub had to be modified a bit,also

got to replace the area behind the rear seats. I know the doorpanels and rear seat will not be correct,but

i had no option,will use bench and correct dash. The idea is to fill in the rear seat,and the use seat pattern

decals for front and rear,this will hide the inserted chrome "thing" in the rear seat. Have not decided but i

guess it will end up with steelies in body color,hopefully anyone makes nice dogdish caps for this era

chevy. The engine will be an 454 or 427 and maby an mystery motor air cleaner from Scenes Unlimited.

Ok,here are some pictures of paint.

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

Dash and low cowl hood.

006.jpg

Thanks for looking and comments/critique are welcome.

Nice choice of body type to build.I buit one of these back when the original kits were still available on the store shelves.I built it for my brother in law who had just purchased a real one in that awful light green color that was avail from the dealers at the time.Good luck.I'll be following your progress.

Hi Tommy,Your of to a great start,I built 1 of these last year.I used all of the monogram chassis an tub for mine aswell.I had the same fit issues.I like your color choice to,I also had to trim the hood a bit to make that fit.All in all its a cool model.If you would like to see mine i can post it up.Happy building..

B) Hi that looks like the MCW kit from Dave Dodge I have that kit and his 66 and 68 Biscany the kits really are very good but the tubs are hard to work with the resin is a little thick and you have to do a lot of fitting to get it to mate to the plastic frame. I at the point were I may do the same thing as you and use the plastic tub and modifie it. Good luck nice color it's looks good I will follow this one.

Thank you all for the comments and interest.

Tom i had no idea these where made in kit form,i thought it was an modified Impala or somthing. The bland or

ugly (taste is subjective) colors would be cool on an sleeper today.

Stan i checked out you`re build in the under glass thread,how on earth did i miss that one,it looks really mean,love it.

Did you use the Monogram hood or the lump in resin that followed in resin? Much of the detail in the tub and the scripts

on the body where more or less gone,it`s no way it would be possible to foil it,so i sanded clean,and i have one photoetch

set laying around i can hopefully use.

rickcaps55 i dont remember the seller name,but i suspect this is left overs or somthing that maby was not good enough

for sale thru the person who made it. Thank you,luck will be needed :)

Thanks Carl. The 70 is meant for this Cannonball Run 2014 community Builds.

The interior is more or less done,painted,decals put on and some foil. The decal sheet from the donor was destroyed

,it looks like its been in water before. I got the idea of taking a sheet from a sealed mint 65 2 door hardtop,but the sheet

in this kit is completely diffrent,no instrument decals,so i order a sheet from Keith Marks,then i also will get 427 "sticker"

for the air cleaner. The engine is pretty much done besides wiring and plated parts. I`m not sure if i want the rocker

covers plated or engine color. Since it`s no replica it maby does not matter,but i kinda like factory looks. I will try take

some progress pictures later today.

Hi Tommy,I used the monogram hood on mine.It didn't come with a hood,I bought mine of e-bay I carn't remember his name.The inner tub chassis bumpers and tail lights were all junk !As with most resin there are alot of fitting issues.Yours is looking great,And yes i am following this build..

Okay i might try get it to fit. I also think it will look cool with cowl,but will see. Actually the bumpers who followed was good on this,but

that`s about it. Here are a little progress,engine is 454 with 4 speed manual. Some interior is also done,i might try to use flocking on

floor and behind the rear seat,where you put you`re hat lol. Not sure what it is called in english.

I might paint the firewall and inner fenders satin black. Engine mock up.

005.jpg

003.jpg

Can yall tell Im a huge 65/66 Biscayne - Belair fan?

The sidebar pic and model gives you an little idea ^_^

Body is cleared and turned out okay.

002.jpg

Not putting any big wheels on this,it got original brakes so there is no need for it. I put some redline decals on more time correct

tires. Not sure why it looks like there is somthing white on them,there is not. %&/) camera! Dash done,firewall and radiator support

painted. Stupid question maby,but are the original wheel 14" inches on these?

001.jpg

This is lookin sweet there Tommy,Dude you work fast,Like Brain im a huge fan of 65/66/67/.........Impalas,biscayne,belairs,and all the rest of em!!I love the red walls the paint work is lookin good to.That engine is shaping up nice,Are you going to detail it?Any way keep up the good work...

This is lookin sweet there Tommy,Dude you work fast,Like Brain im a huge fan of 65/66/67/.........Impalas,biscayne,belairs,and all the rest of em!!I love the red walls the paint work is lookin good to.That engine is shaping up nice,Are you going to detail it?Any way keep up the good work...

I want to get it done,but at the same time try keep cool and not rush anything. Since you have built one i guess you know all about

how time consuming trying to get things to fit is. I agree,i`m a big fan of GM cars from this era,as for the Mopars i like the 63-64

and then again 68-73. Thanks,hopefully it will look alright,just need to get it to sit like i want. Not going to detail more then ignition

wires,heating and cooling hoses. I`m not there yet as for fuel and brake lines,i just admire those who do so far lol.

I am a fan on the Biscaynes and Belairs especially because the roof lines and the door post/frames just make the car.

This era GM is very nice,my personal favorite is the 65 Impala 2d ht. Thanks for posting the pictures and wheel info.

I think i have some 14" inch steelies somewhere,but it`s another story with the hubcaps. Or i could use from the 62

Bel Air but it would maby be wrong.