Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

69 GTO Convertible resin body

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone,

I want to build a 69 GTO Convertible (by using the Revell 69 GTO kit). I just wanted to know if someone had created a resin convertible body for it?

Thanks,

Posted

Shawn Carpenter sells a resin '68 Conversion in 1/25 Scale . IIRC , the bodies ect were the same in '68 & '69 . The Grilles were different . Anyone else have more details between these two MY's ? Thanx ..

Posted (edited)

'68's would have vent windows, the '69's do not. Tailights were different between the years as well (I once owned a '69). ;)

Edited by MrObsessive

Posted (edited)

Taillights/rear bumper are different. Trunk lid my have changed to accommodate this. Also the front valence and parking/side marker lights changed.

Edited by sfhess

Posted

Felix,

Why not try removing the roof from your hardtop body? There is a slight difference in the tops of the quarter panels between a convertible and a hardtop (convertibles are a little flatter) but that really doesn't make too much of a difference in scale unless you are just really, really picky. Sanding the tops of the quarters to make them flatter is all it takes. There should be a convertible boot available somewhere that you could use, or even make your own.

Posted

R&R did a 1/25 69 GTO vert.