Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ratmad

Pat Minarick

Man, that thing looks EVIL!

I love so much about this build. The clever sectioning, the weathering, in fact..the whole concept. I dig the split screen with the centre rib.

Are those rear tyres SATCO Mickey Thompson's?

Edited by geetee66

This is the type of hot rod I like at the 1:1 shows. The imagination and creativity that goes into them keeps me scrathing my head for a long time afterword and puts a smile on my face. I study all the welds and the way the chassis is fabricated. All the little add-ons, and the use of unusual items. This is art. I have never seen a Nomad cut up like this in the 1;1 world but, what a concept! Maybe we will now that it made it in the magazine. Congratulations on a great build!

Man, that thing looks EVIL!

I love so much about this build. The clever sectioning, the weathering, in fact..the whole concept. I dig the split screen with the centre rib.

Are those rear tyres SATCO Mickey Thompson's?

Thanks geetee66,the rear tires are just the no name ones out of the AMT kits.

This is the type of hot rod I like at the 1:1 shows. The imagination and creativity that goes into them keeps me scrathing my head for a long time afterword and puts a smile on my face. I study all the welds and the way the chassis is fabricated. All the little add-ons, and the use of unusual items. This is art. I have never seen a Nomad cut up like this in the 1;1 world but, what a concept! Maybe we will now that it made it in the magazine. Congratulations on a great build!

Thanks Ron.I wish could take credit for all the imagination and creativity, but most of that would have to go to Chris Walker and In the Weeds customs that built the 57 wagon that inspired this.It did make it into Rat Rod magazine and they are supposed to have a model car section in the magazine in the future issues.

very cool Pat. I am not a rat rod fan at all, but I can certainly appreciate the time and effort that went in to this build. the execution on this in all aspects are outstanding!! can you post it up over on the other site, please.

Thanks Al,I can do that this weekend, I do have a Rat Rod Cuda that I am working on.

• 1 month later...

Now this is my kind of thang ! ! You nailed this one, so cool I just hope it gets copied in real scale. For those of us who didn't see the mag feature any chance of posting it up ? Great stuff I look forward to more of your Crazy builds .... :D .... Lowlife ! !

Thanks Martin, Glad you like it. I will try to scan it,I'm working on a 57 version of this. It may end up getting casted by Jimmy Flintstone ,if he is still interested.