Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Build Somewhat Restomoded 67 Shelby 3/10/16 Finished !

Metalmad

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone ! 

I have finally found a little time to get some bench time in on the Shelby which is that I have finished all the brake line junctions and I also had to shorten the drive shaft a bit also so I cut off the u joints and measured the length I needed for the center and then pinned the joints to the new shaft . I also decided to add a sway bar to the rear suspension so I went to the parts box and modified one from a late Shelby Mustang but it needs to be cleaned up a bit before paint as does the drive shaft.IMG_1956.thumb.jpg.70017b203a195069ad02cIMG_1955.thumb.jpg.c77e718e13388aa4e410f

• 3 weeks later...

Was able to get a little bench time in today on the Shelby and I was able to finish painting and attaching the rear sway bar to the axle and I also finished up plumbing the rear brake hard lines and securing  them to the rear axle. I also started on the front assembly of the a arms and spindles to make sure everything was setting even with the wheels attached and to see where I would be running the front brake hard lines and also to see where I will run the brake hoses from the calipers to the scratch built brake line brackets. I ended up scratch building two small fittings to attach the soft brake lines that run from the calipers to the brake line bracket that is attached to the frame  then the hard line will run from the bracket to the frame rail and up to the firewall. 

Pictures coming soon ! 

Trying to get her down for NNL West

Edited by Metalmad

I have installed both front soft brake hose's to the scratch built fittings and I have installed both front brake hard lines to the soft lines and to the scratch built brackets and also started to run the hard lines but I will have to scratch build a three way junction for the hard lines next. This is really time consuming but is well worth the time spent on these little details which i'm shooting for Friday to at least get all the brake lines ran and secured in place.

Thanks For Looking !

I'm finally getting close to wrapping up this build since I was able to lay down the paint today plus the Pearl clear so next will be to apply the decals to the roof in a couple of days then shoot on a few coats of clear. I have the brake lines ran and a most installed up to the brake master but I have one more line to finish up that runs from the proportioning valve up to the brake master. I'm still not sure yet on how I'm going to run the upper radiator hose since it runs from the radiator   straight towards the engine then splits into two smaller hose's that run across the front of the engine and they connect on the outer sides of the super charger.

Well thats all for now so hopefully my next post will have finished pictures !

Thank You Bruce !

This build has been slow but the out come will be well worth it!

Tonight I was able to get the roof stripe decals on and the ones on the body that are below the rear glass since the paint dried pretty quick since it has been warm here so I will let them cure for a couple of days then shoot the clear on.

Thanks for Looking !

Was able to shoot the clear on this afternoon when I got home from work and it went on nice and smooth so I  will let this cure for about a week just to make sure it is completely dry and then rub her out then start final assembly.

Will try and get pics up tomorrow night of the painted body.

Well the paint gased out pretty quick do to the nice temperatures we had here this past week so I was able to rub out the paint today which it went by pretty quick also do to the paint and the clear laying down pretty smooth. So next will be the start of the final assembly but i still need to figure out the upper coolant hose's and the finishing up of some of the details of the wiring under the hood then she will be done. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone ! 

Well I just finished her up this evening just in time for the road trip to Santa Clara tomorrow for the NNL West show Saturday so here are a few pictures and I also would like to thank you all for following this build which I'm pretty much happy with but as always there is room for improvement.

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

Edited by Metalmad