Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is Reliable Resins reliable ?

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I was about to order a couple of funny car bodies from Reliable Resins. Then I saw a post on the Southern Motorsports and Hobbies site by a guy who said that they kept his money and he never got his order. Has anyone on here done business with them? Are they reliable?

Posted · Report post

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

Their nick name has become Un Reliable Resins if that tells you anything. I've never ordered anything from them personally. From what I've gathered, I never will.

Posted · Report post

Thanks guys. I guess I'll have to make my own Jungle Jim 66 Nova body.

Posted · Report post

They are VERY reliable when it comes to taking your money, from what I had heard. 'Nuff said?

Posted · Report post

I ordered, paid & received nothing. That was 4 years ago.

Posted · Report post

Thanks guys. I guess I'll have to make my own Jungle Jim 66 Nova body.

I'm sure that someone makes that body. Comp Resins maybe?

Posted · Report post

I can't believe that they are still around and taking peoples hard earned money.

Posted (edited) · Report post

All I can tell you that if you do a search here on Reliable Resins, and any threads that are related to it, more than likely the thread is locked. They are a VERY passionate subject as a number of fellas here on the board were shafted out of their money. :angry:

Unfortunately the threads got out of hand, and I hope that doesn't happen to this one.

Just sayin'..........

Edited by MrObsessive

Posted · Report post

Count me In too. Ordered paid got nothing but excuses. Buyer beware.

Posted · Report post

Norman, Comp Resins has the 66 Jungle Jim Nova AFX body you're looking for.

Posted · Report post

yea the competition resins body is real nice i bought one last year you can also get it from slixx decals and they have the decals also i would stay away from un-relilable resins i had problems also and when i did get it just junk.

vince

Posted · Report post

I was referring to the body for Jungle Jim's short body 66 Nova. His first flopper. I have the Comp. Res. Longnose A/FX. It shouldn't be hard to make one . The body has basically stock dimensions except that the front wheel openings are moved forward.

Posted · Report post

I was referring to the body for Jungle Jim's short body 66 Nova. His first flopper. I have the Comp. Res. Longnose A/FX. It shouldn't be hard to make one . The body has basically stock dimensions except that the front wheel openings are moved forward.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones, I ordered several items when they had an Ebay store,,got everything I ordered in less than a week ( that was several years ago though ,,and still haven't used any of it)

As far as the JJ nova I would just make my own

Posted · Report post

Everything that can possibly be said about Reliable Resins has already been said here over the years, many times. Let's not drag this old topic out yet again. I believe Norman's questions have been answered.