Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am

S. Svendsen

That build looks really nice and has stood the test of time incredibly well. What paint did you use? How have you been storing the model? I'm sure plenty of people will be interested as when you think about the amount of time put into a build it'd be nice to think the finished article will be around to admire for a while.

Beautiful Sean! I started one of these many years ago & never finished. I removed the top from mine to do a convertible version being as MPC had seen fit to include the top boot with the hardtop kit. Some day I'd like to finish it. That is if I didn't have 50 other projects to do! :) Very nice job Sean!! Steve

That build looks really nice and has stood the test of time incredibly well. What paint did you use? How have you been storing the model? I'm sure plenty of people will be interested as when you think about the amount of time put into a build it'd be nice to think the finished article will be around to admire for a while.

I used automotive lacquer on this one which is why the white has not yellowed. I also glue all my builds together with 5 min. epoxy. It is more tedious to use it and sometimes messier to work with but it does not dry out like tube glue does.