Model Cars Magazine Forum

French Cafe Street Diorama 1960s ~ Stop Motion Animation

enzoferrari

Hi everyone,
Thought I would post a video of my latest project, a 1/43 diorama of a French café
street scene set in the 60's, I decided to have a bit of fun and do a stop motion
animation video for youtube. All models featured are 1/43 diecast, however I do have several
1/43 Heller French kits to build that will be displayed in future to complete the dio.
Cheers,
Felix

Thanks All,

It was a fun project, I hope to do many more over time, with a larger diorama

with a few buildings, so that way I can photograph via landscape, instead of portrait.

Maybe also one featuring my 1/24 built models as well, it would be nice to be able to turn the front wheels !

This short was more of a test to see how difficult it would be, and it wasn't bad, it took about 300

images, and I edited / stitched them together on a video editing program which allows sound to be

edited in. The one tricky thing is to remember all the moving objects in view, where they are headed, and to

always make sure to move them before each photo is taken, otherwise you find that you forgot to move something

and it makes the motion jerky or odd :wacko: It took about 2-3 hours for the complete project beginning to end.

Felix