Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thames panel truck

I have a few of the Anglia and Thames panel and seriously need to build one to appease the Model Gods for the one I destroyed as a kid! :D

I do like John's 1:1 because even as a kid I was more apt to want a streetable one than a gasser. Very cool indeed!

I've had this hankering to try to do a stock Thames panel, and I would like to do one as a woody wagon... oh the wheels are turning!

I like it. I just started one today, Revell vintage 1995. Any building tips?

Not sure if there's a huge difference between the 95' kit and the re-release but I figured the model would be less difficult and look nicer had I glued the doors shut. I'm sure that with a lot of work you could get them to look nice but I really wanted to actually finish a kit instead of doing half of it, getting tired of it and then shelving it like I usually do. Other than that the kit went together well.

Again, thanks for all the compliments guys!

but I figured the model would be less difficult and look nicer had I glued the doors shut.

There's something to be said there! Those 1960s working hinges are oversized (look at the photo of John's 1:1) and never worked right anyway. I just glued the doors shut on my Lindberg / IMC Little Red Wagon Dodge pickup. I filled in the slots left behind once the hinges were omitted and then I glued on some small Evergreen round to simulate the hinges on the body. Worked very well and they look to scale now.