Model Cars Magazine Forum

Smokey Yunick's Chevelle

MarkJ

Great model. Yunick, with his "Best Damm Garage in Town" was another one of my heroes. Outstanding mechanic, race-prep guy and innovator.

This is the car that was widely rumored to be a 7/8 scale model, as raced. Great story, but not true (though the car DID have some other magic body mods). Here's the real deal.

http://www.macsmotorcitygarage.com/2013/08/21/the-truth-about-smokey-yunicks-78-scale-chevelle/

I've heard a lot about this guy, sounds like he was a crazy guy. Wasn't he the one that took some of the big shots from Nascar out into a parking lot and found a Chevelle just to prove his roof wasn't modified or something? Please forgive my Nascar knowledge or lack thereof. :lol:

Out of bandwidth? Anybody know how to get it back without paying for it?

Unfortunately, the only way is to wait for a while and the pics will show up again. I've had that same problem a couple of times and at the first time I opened a new account. I can't say for sure how long you'll have to wait, but it's less than a month anyway.

Move the pics to a hosting site that doesn't have bandwidth restrictions. I use Fotki, there are others.

I did. But when you post your pics from Fotki they are pretty small. I'll just wait for a while to see if they come back.

I did. But when you post your pics from Fotki they are pretty small. I'll just wait for a while to see if they come back.

You have to chose image size when you're setting up the album in Album Properties > Advanced Properties > Photo View Size. It'll do up to 1000 x 1000px. Default setting is 500 x 500. You have to remember to change it before you upload the pics. Even if you change later it they will still display at the size when they were uploaded. Your Photobucket bandwidth resets at the first of the month (or is it the day of the month you signed up on?) This pic is hosted on my Fotki, I wouldn't call it small -

umblr_n32e96S3Ck1s1f10do1_1280-vi.jpg

Edited by Brett Barrow

You have to chose image size when you're setting up the album in Album Properties > Advanced Properties > Photo View Size. It'll do up to 1000 x 1000px. Default setting is 500 x 500. You have to remember to change it before you upload the pics. Even if you change later it they will still display at the size when they were uploaded. Your Photobucket bandwidth resets at the first of the month (or is it the day of the month you signed up on?) This pic is hosted on my Fotki, I wouldn't call it small -

umblr_n32e96S3Ck1s1f10do1_1280-vi.jpg

Thanks Brett but it looks like my bandwidth is already back. I will go fix my fotki though. thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...