Model Cars Magazine Forum

Het Sean!!! Any "tidbits" On '08 Drag Kit Releases??

Hey Mr. Svendsen- be a buddy, you should be in the know, how about divulgding a "tidbit" or 2 on dave's 2008 drag kit releases!! I hear the possibility of a Top Fuel Front Engine Dragster, the "young american" car might get released?? please, throw us drag racers a crumb of info!!! PLEEEAAASSSE???? Pretty please with a cherry on top!!?? :P

Hey Mr. Svendsen- be a buddy, you should be in the know, how about divulgding a "tidbit" or 2 on dave's 2008 drag kit releases!! I hear the possibility of a Top Fuel Front Engine Dragster, the "young american" car might get released?? please, throw us drag racers a crumb of info!!! PLEEEAAASSSE???? Pretty please with a cherry on top!!?? :P

A T/F FED???? Young American????? aka Gar's Wynnscharger????? Put me in for no less than 2 cases!!!!!!!!!!!!

TimP

Isn't the "young American" FED Similar to the Ramcharger's FED?? never seen the Y.A. kit, so i am assuming... nonetheless, i would LOVE to see any good FED come out!!

Chris,

You're probably right. However, I'm under the impression that the American Graffitti car is the Ramchargers car. Either way doesn't matter. What I'm really hoping for is a re-release of the 220"wb FED that MPC issued as the Garlits car that I mentioned. I don't care what it is/was called, just somebody put it out there for us!!! You don't even have to put decals in it, all I want is the plastic. <VBG>

TimP

• 3 weeks later...

Actually the MPC Fiat Altered was based on our highly desired Don Garlits FE frame, not the Ramchargers frame. I too was mis-informed on this and probably even contributed to the misinformation in print at one time or another. I finally secured one of these Fiat kits last year, albeit at a price, though well below what I would have had to pay for a mint Don Garlits MPC FE kit. I've also picked up a few of the "Young American" kits as glue bombs, none of which are usable on their own, but by combining a the few unmolested parts from each kit box I'm close to having a buildable project as a semi-reasonable price....TIM

PS the kit is called "Fiat Rail Rod Slingshot" and it is MPC #1-0715, issued in 1978 and may have been reissued but I sure don't remember such an event.

PPS I would love to see the MPC Don Garlits kit reissued in any form - the Slingshot (which appears to be the final form the tool took), the All American, or the Garlits version. I believe this would be an incredibly popular kit.

TIM BOYD

PPPS The '32 Altered "Jambreaker" which uses the Ramchargers frame has a really cool set of "up and over the tires" headers which I had long forgot about.....TIM