Model Cars Magazine Forum

Not yet, but soon - VW Squareback

There's a guy just over near me who's a VW hoarder. he's got a garage full of em.. and since theyre small he has quite a few! 2 squarebacks, buggy body, some bug's, and I think one fastback. Has his newer ones sitting outside, like old jetta's and whatnot.

Ha, speaking of mistreating them... my old instructor in school was in to VW's many, many years ago and so was the rest of his family, and they had dozens. And for fun they would skip bugs over a pond at high speeds!

Edited by JTalmage

Per the Maisto Squareback... go for it. Diecast is just a model in a different material. Take it apart and do what you will with it. I'm happy they did these and the notchback too since we didn't have them in plastic.

corbo7-vi.jpg

My mechanic is a VW guy. He'll fix anything, but his passion is air cooled VWs. It's pretty much an old time shade tree mechanic kind of place. In the right bay there's a frame off Oval resto going on all year. Yea, they work on cars out in the cold and rain because that project takes up two bays of the garage.

corbo11-vi.jpg

corbo4-vi.jpg

corbo8-vi.jpg

corbo9-vi.jpg

corbo5-vi.jpg

Edited by Tom Geiger