Model Cars Magazine Forum

53 Ford Pickup

rollinoldskoo

anyone???

The fuel line on Stromberg carburetors enter the right hand side, at the top of the float bowl. Some models enter the float bowl from the center-right-side wall of the carb. Others have a casting that accepts the hose nipple at the top of the upper top part of the float bowl, at the front corner...

All the Stromberg carbs' fuel lines enter the carb bowl straight-in from passenger side, at a horizontal angle. Hope this helps.

One more thing: These Strombergs were notorious for leaks, hence our nickname for them:

"Fire Pots". I wouldn't put it past these things to LEAK in 1/25th! (just kidding)

These 4-carb pieces are sharp. Where did they come from???

this is the optional motor from the older AMT 53 ford kit... i got this one in a classic trucks 3 pack a few years back.... comes with a load of extras to make a work truck and has 2 motors.... stock flathead and a desoto motor... this is the desoto... even has 2 different intakes available for this motor.... the carbs are molded in pairs.... 4 sets of 2... :D

i don't know for sure but the model king repop of this truck that has the trailer may have these parts too.. if anyone knows for certain i'd like to know.....

my second favorite kit of all time! i must have a dozen built in various styles, even one on a '57 Ford chassis. IMHO this one is SO much better than the POS flip front MPC kit, although i like the chrome bumpers and grille from the MPC kit better on my AMT 53. the MPC also has minitubs already molded on.

the flathead from the truck is one of the best made, but unfortunately AMT didn't add hopup parts for it.

i believe the kit was once labeled as "Goldenrod" and loosely copies a famous real-life custom.

• 4 weeks later...