Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 914/6 GT - Historic Racing Miniatures

I have edited my original post to now show the final version of the kit. It is intended as a trans-kit with any Fujimi Enthusiast Porsche 911 kit providing the remaining parts.

If you are interested in the kit please contact Historic Racing Miniatures at: historicracingminiatures@comcast.net

DSCN1672-vi.jpg

DSCN1658-vi.jpg

DSCN1660-vi.jpg

DSCN1663-vi.jpg

DSCN1664-vi.jpg

DSCN1666-vi.jpg

DSCN1668-vi.jpg

Edited by afx

Wow, I have to have one of these! Thanks for giving Brad the master, this is going to make a lot of Porschephiles very happy. Now I just need to build the Maserati 450S and the Ferrari 250 TDF that I got from him recently...our ACME group spent quite a bit of $$ at his NNL East table.

Wow, I have to have one of these! Thanks for giving Brad the master, this is going to make a lot of Porschephiles very happy. Now I just need to build the Maserati 450S and the Ferrari 250 TDF that I got from him recently...our ACME group spent quite a bit of $$ at his NNL East table.

I'm very proud of the kit and hope it does well for Brad. I hope you like it too Bob.

Edited by afx

when and where is this going to be available? cost?

so you take the 911 motor and reverse it 180 laterally? and the parts we see here are for the conversion from rear to mid engine? pretty slick.

I doubt anyone ever converted a 914/6 to V8 power. those were probably the base models, even when new the 914/6s were special though as I recall they only cost about 5 k $ vs the 3 k for the normal. they increased in value significantly almost immediately as they were so desirable and so few were distributed.

jb

I was around when these were new . One of me Cousins and her Husband bought one new . It was hated as it was intened to be a VW Mid Engine Sports car . Porschephiles ran away in droves . The failure in the Market Place led to stopping Production before Amortization was met . Yes , valuable today because Low Production . I do have two of these in my string and I am considering a less popular 914-4 with the VW Bus Engine it was originally designed to be . Porsche did NOT have anything balanced to compete in the Mid Engined Automotive Scene on the drawing Boards . Marketplace demands forced this misguided action . Thanx ..

I like my 914/6 gt as much as my 356's, 911 and 912. The 914 is by far the best handling you are correct the Porsche geeks did hate it (faster and cheaper than there 911's).

No none of them are built as will as my new Toyota and yes all are about the same quality as my 56 VW beetle. Still they are all fun cars. We have had it 20+ years and plan on keeping it. I can not wait to get my hands on this trans kit.

Edited by MicroNitro

The operable trunk lid and its hinges are difficult to cast. And having built the Revell kit we're not sure the resin hinges will be sturdy enough. Therefore the body is now going to be cast with the trunk lid in place. The engine cover will still be functional. The kit will be offered at under $100. The final price is still to be determined.

DSCN1605-vi.jpg

Edited by afx