Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just wanted to give another shout out to Danny. I had been waiting for him to get a couple of items back into inventory and he let me know that he has them available via a PM and I sent him an order last night. 30 minutes later I have an email with an invoice and I have no doubt the order will be here before I know it! Another great caster who is serious about his customers and taking care of them.

If you are wondering about ordering from Scenes Unlimited, don't hesitate to do so, you will be glad you did!

Update to my previous post- Got an email from Danny telling me my order shipped today ! Hard to believe that in about a week's time I will go from placing an order to having it on my doorstep! To be fair, what I ordered he had in stock but I ordered about 14 different items in various quantities and I cannot be more impressed with his turnaround time.

Like I said, don't hesitate to order, the service and quality of the product is superior.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Dan, your products look great as always and sometimes I wish that I had more room so I could build & display big rigs. I did build a couple in the 70/80's but they're long gone. Wish I still had the day cab conversion I had done following the article in Phil Jensen's book. Sighhh.

Nick

3 hours ago, High octane said:

Dan, your products look great as always and sometimes I wish that I had more room so I could build & display big rigs. I did build a couple in the 70/80's but they're long gone. Wish I still had the day cab conversion I had done following the article in Phil Jensen's book. Sighhh.

Nick

Thanks Nick, like you I did some back in the 70's but haven't done one since. Maybe one day I'll find some time to take on one.

5 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Still waiting on that 1 ton dump bed............................................just sayin! LOL!

I know!, it's been quite awhile since I've worked on it. I do have the side panels and bed/frame in mold. The tail gate, cab cover and other parts are on the bench. 

• 5 months later...

Hey Danny --

I LOVE that you are now making the Goodyear Hi-Miler tires for the big rigs !!

By chance -- are you planning on doing this tire for the AMT 1/25 kits that have the 11.00-20 Hi-Miler tires  ??   We talked about these in the past at one of the club meetings -- they really are too "fat" I think.

The inside diameter would be 0.865" and the outer diameter is 1.67".

Are you doing any big rig tires with these dimensions ?

Thanks !   Hope to see you again soon at a club meeting when this COVID thing is over.

Jeff

goodyear.jpg

Hey Jeff, the Hi-Miler tire I do have available is the pickup kit tire I did quite awhile back after several requests. The tire I believe you're referring to and the one we talked about is the one pictured here....after some research I couldn't find any Goodyear reference photos or information that Goodyear did this tire. I did however find that General Tire did one. I have the master made just haven't got it into mold yet. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 3.55.01 PM.png