Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi Daniel,

I recently ordered rims and tire sets for my Freightliner projects, and after a test I found out that the material of these rims and hubs can be easily glued with Revell contact to the plastic of the kit.
It is so tight that you have to break it loose if you want to get it off.

Normally this is not possible with resin, so I am actually curious about what material these wheel sets are.
In any case, the quality is excellent.

Hermann.

Edited by Hermann Kersten

I just received my first order and I am very impressed with the quality of the dually wheel/tire sets, ordering process and communication.  Very professional throughout the whole process.  They are at the top of the list the next time I need truck wheels and tires.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 4:27 PM, Goodwrench3 said:

Wow -- it looks super !!!!   I love the tread design.  It's certainly "period correct" for the 1970's.

I'd just need a pair of steer tires to go with those drives.

Keep me posted !!   I'd love to order a set !

We really need you to produce some  period correct 70's tires for the AMT kit tires in the Round 2 IH 4300  --  check out the "float" tires included in the kit here !!

The left is the AMT/ERTL 4270 kit wheel and tire, the center is the AMT 4300 kit wheel and Moebius 1/25 tire, and the right is the AMT 4300 kit wheel and kit tire:

tires.jpg

• 2 years later...
34 minutes ago, leafsprings said:

Anybody have any luck ordering from Scenes Unlimited lately? Site appears to be down.

I have been in touch with Danny and his website is still shut down as he is dealing with some health issues. He didn't say when he would be back up and running so I would just say check in periodically to see if he is open. If I hear something I will be sure to pass it along.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I just was on his site this morning, here's what he posted:

Welcome to Scenes Unlimited. 

I've decided it's much easier for my customers and me to just have an open web site again. I'll do my best to get orders out in a timely manor. Please be patient as I work up to speed! 

Edited by Raoul Ross
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

FYI: I placed an order with Danny 35 days ago and it arrived yesterday. The quality of the products I ordered was excellent just as it has always been in the past! He emailed me at about 21 days to inform me my order was delayed but still in the works... you can't ask for a better customer experience than this!

• 1 month later...

From Scenes’ Facebook page:

Hello everyone,  as most of you know I've been having some health issues on and off for the past year and a half. The past couple months I've come to the harsh reality that I no longer have the strength and stamina to continue my business as before. I've also lost some of the desire as well.                                               The good news is that ST Supply Co. has acquired Scenes Unlimited complete product line. With plans to add more items in the future, modelers and builders will have a wide selection of quality castings to choose from. I've done business with them for a few years now and have total confidence they will continue to cast high quality resin and rubber parts that all my customer have come to expect. In the coming days and weeks we will be making the transition.                                                                                             I want to sincerely thank all my customer for your patronage and loyalty over the years. You have made this journey and business very rewarding. I greatly appreciate each and every one of you. More details will be forthcoming in the days and weeks ahead.

Very sad for the hobby......but even more so for Danny. I have had some major health issues that have affected my life.....but I thank God I am still able to carry on. Thanks to Dan for the GREAT items I have bought....hope new owners do him proud. 

• Like 1

This is really a win-win for the hobby and Danny. He gets to enjoy retirement and get his health back without the stress of trying to get orders completed and ST Supply gets a great product to offer us modelers. I have a ton of product from Danny and will be a customer of ST Supply as I have more builds planned.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, 1st 700 Quad said:

Went to the ST Supply website and didn't find any of Scenes Unlimited products offered for sale. I hope when they do show up, shipping costs from Canada won't make buying them prohibitive.

Steve

Steve, I just received two shipments from ST in the last month. I'm in Cincnnati so guessing it wouldn't be too far off what you may pay. One package was 4X4X2 inches and $10.50 shipping. The other was 6X6X2 and was $17.41. Not wonderful but not out of this world. Let's just keep our fingers crossed they do continue the Scenes item! 

19 hours ago, Dale361 said:

Steve, I just received two shipments from ST in the last month. I'm in Cincnnati so guessing it wouldn't be too far off what you may pay. One package was 4X4X2 inches and $10.50 shipping. The other was 6X6X2 and was $17.41. Not wonderful but not out of this world. Let's just keep our fingers crossed they do continue the Scenes item! 

Thanks, relieves me a bit.

Steve