Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1/25 1966 Chevy Nova Pro Street?

Guest Illusionizt

I've built this kit a couple of years ago. It was the original issue, though so I have no personal experience with the recent issue. Anyway I had no problems with mine. Everything went well together and kit's parts are well detailed in my opinion. One problem many people have noticed with the recent issue (Molded in Blue) is that front tires are way too back so that they don't line up properly with the wheel openings. I don't have my kit here in my hands, but I believe it's pretty simple to fix. Just move the front spindles where front wheels are attached and there you have it.

I think that kit has no bigger problems... I highly recommend that one!

Its the kit everyone has done or will do at sometime. Aside from being molded in blue there are not allot of issues with this kit.

Now if you want to nit pick there are plenty of issues im sure we would all love see changed. Like

Make it big block instead of a 327 mouse

Rear leaf springs are way too soft and easily warp

Front tires are horrible

Front suspension is just plain odd to me

Stock steering wheel?

Im sure there is more but thats if you want to nit pick.

I would call it the greatest basher kit ever made. Swap the engine and a set of rims and have a blast with it.

Now if you want to nit pick there are plenty of issues im sure we would all love see changed. Like

Make it big block instead of a 327 mouse

Rear leaf springs are way too soft and easily warp

Front tires are horrible

Front suspension is just plain odd to me

Stock steering wheel?

Hey what's wrong with the Small Block? :lol: Personally I think it's great that this kit has a Small Block Engine in it. It might be because when I think of this kit the first idea I get is a Super Stock Drag Car. And Novas weren't available with Big Blocks then. But anyway if I built it Out Of the Box I'd be happy with the SBC as well... Of course there's no right or wrong answer to this, but it's just another opinion. :D

I agree with the rear springs, they're not the best. However, they do work well and I've seen no problems with mine. But Stock steering wheel is a great addition. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...