Model Cars Magazine Forum

My take on a 1960 ford wagon glue-bomb

Tony N

Hi, I am adding another Ford Wagon Glue Bomb to the mix. Since the other wagon has wood panels on it, I thought I would post my build now since I am going in a different direction.

I bought mine at the last NNL West. I think I paid to much for it, but I just love old wagons.

The chrome wheels didn't come with it. They are from the Revel 49 Merc kit, The wheels and tires that came with it were just to small for the Wagon.

I am shooting for a early 60's Surf feel to it, with metal flake paint done in a two tone and wheels and tires from that era.

IMG_1063_zpsfd527fa2.jpg

I also found on the net, Old ford wagon ads. I am going to use them to make it look like it would in the early 60s or at least as close as I can. But it is going to become Ranch Wagon, to much glue on it to save the trim.

80baf888d0748256b62958c2f412c635_zpsb83a

c8e78407-b6eb-42f3-9036-73307a1ae9c7_zps

Welcome to the jungle Tony. I like what I see. I have considered using the "new tool"' AMT '60 Starliner for the chassis and running gear, but I wanted to do a "Slump Buster" curbside out of mine. Your car looks good so far. It's a shame about those rear fenders. Mine were glue-burned all the way through the plastic. Can you save the ribbed detail? Good luck on your build.

Thanks for posting all this info, Tony - I've been wondering how far off the AMT Ford chassis was; looks doable.

I do have the chrome ribbed quarter panel pieces from my '61 I'm not using; wonder if you can make them work?

And Ron - I'm sorry but I haven't found that roof rack. I thought for sure it was in the '61's box but it wasn't.

I hope you realize you are mixing Hubley 1/24 scale and AMT 1/25th scale so both might be off, On the rear roll pand chrome you might find evergreen ribbed siding with right size ribbing to make a piece

They are fun models, awaiting your finish

greg