Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone have an English Bull Terrier?

Well, Guys, it's been two months...... By now I should know all her faults/quirks. She's still as easy a dog as you could want...... She has a little edginess and anxiety around other dogs, probably has never been properly socialized. Here's a pic I took this evening, everyone tells me she looks 100% better since I've been taking care of her....

two_months_001.thumb.JPG.45263935971d3ac

Sorry if it's a bit blurry, she's a bit camera shy!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have known at least 4 families with this breed of dog and every one was a big baby!

Just like with what they call a pit bull, it is all about how they are raised from a pup that determines what the dogs temperament will be!

Same goes for any breed dog for that matter!

My daughter-in-law is a Vet Tech and they have 2 they got from Pittie Rescue, one was severely mistreated and had been burned on her back and head. It took a while for her to trust people but she took to their kids immediately and is the most loving dog you will find!

2 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

I have known at least 4 families with this breed of dog and every one was a big baby!

Just like with what they call a pit bull, it is all about how they are raised from a pup that determines what the dogs temperament will be!

Same goes for any breed dog for that matter!

My daughter-in-law is a Vet Tech and they have 2 they got from Pittie Rescue, one was severely mistreated and had been burned on her back and head. It took a while for her to trust people but she took to their kids immediately and is the most loving dog you will find!

Callie is definitely a love sponge! That's something she never gets enough of! and she enjoys ruling our little huddle from her Own recliner........ 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

My old dog! I'm having to change up her food..... She was eating Taste of the Wild "Pacific Stream", but it's starting to not agree with her, so I'm moving her to something called American Journey for senior dogs. It's got lots of good stuff in it to help with arthritis, something these dogs deal with.......

826684998_calliehat.jpg.f19128ad511bf73a7f14e1ba2775701c.jpg

• 2 years later...

Guys, it sucks to have this to post, but I lost Callie yesterday........... She was in kidney failure, and having a bunch of problems with mobility and bodily functions. We took her to the vet to have her put to sleep. They have a small room with a couch where they can just relax. She passed with her head in my lap.........

She was the BEST dog......

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TonyK said:

So sorry for this. We did it at home with my dog lying in my lap. Worst day of my life and I'm sure yours too. Hang in there though I know it's hard.

I wanted her to be at home, too........ couldn't get the vet to cooperate.