Model Cars Magazine Forum

99 SVT Cobra

sinisterc10

A nearly stock 302 roller motor lol. We plan on throwing on a plate nitrous system a cam, heads, intake ,injectors and so on... Found a Anderson n-71 if anyone knows about these cams and how they performance it would be appreciated.... Thanks Fred I practicly stole these wheels with a even trade lol

Thanks for the input Fred I know your vs mustang man so i figured you'd know about the quality. I found a N-71 for $140 and I think ima snag it up. The only think that I don't like about the car is that its a 5speed. Not putting down the t5 but if you want consistent times gotta go auto lol. It is fun rollin up beside those college kids in the little civics with the black hoods you know everyone have that guy ib town lol and then they try to take off so you shift down and blow em away lol. Oh thank god for muscle cars! Is 140 bucks a deal fred sorry for all the questions but I know you know what your talkin about lol

You may need a 3:73 or 4:10 gear with that cam too. The stick cars can be pretty consistent if set up it's more how scary they can be mid track on the shifts if they unload the tires on the shift you won't need an auto really until you are solidly in the 10's but you will need a stronger t5 and axles well before that

Thanks. I dont know what way ima go yet but I know I guy that can build my t5 he went to NASCAR school so he Should know what to do lol I think ima throw in a set of 373 and some axles but I'm lookin for a c4 or AOD the only problem is I'm broke lol. What kind of mustangs do you have?

Sounds like mine lol. For now ..... The sn95 just have An aggressive look that some other cars lack. Mine has like 20000 miles on the motor, transmission and rear end. Old lady had it before and drove it off in a flooded ditch and sucked the motor full of water so a ford dealer put all new drive line and bought it cheap soooo I'm happy lol

My 15 yr old daughter just bought this 91k mile 94 gt a month ago. She just turned 16 end of June so now she has to get her licence. She saved money from her after school job, found the car on her own and even negotiated price once I checked it out. All I had to do was taker her on the 14 hour trip to get it. It's pretty nice for a 20 yr old car. It's a 5.0 auto. Tan cloth interior. Hers makes 9 in the stable! Brought back memories for me since I bought a canary yellow 95 gt brand new. Where did 20 years go??post-8987-0-69481000-1404854067_thumb.jp

Wish mine was that NICE!!! Mine needs paint bad. Ima have to DA mine down to primer because its solvent popping. Thanks who ever halfassed the paint! I turned 16 last October got my license June 10th and just been working on the car with my dad. Oh and 9 mustangs!? I'll take 1 off your hands for ya ;)

I had 5 Mustangs at one time, a couple years ago, down to 3 now. It saddens me. lol

It's funny, I'm a hardcore Mustang and Ford guy.. and I bought a '93 Lincoln Mark VIII which I'm having way too much of a good time working on.. and I'm doing a buncha dumb stuff to it to make it faster, basically an overweight, automatic Cobra lol

• 5 months later...

Nice, I have a 97 cobra that I built from the AMT kit! Man I had so many problems with it. The body would not fit over the interior/frame work up, I had to take it apart over and over trimming it, finally got it to fit. Worst kit I ever built. I made it to match my 1:1 98 Cobra. Paint is samo as mine it's Bright Atlantic Blue. Factory cobra wheels, lowered to like my 1;1 is. Motor painted to match my real car. I put it on display when I take my real cobra to autoshows, and Mustang shows. Folks live seeing the 1/25 compared to the 1;1. My real car only has 56K on the odometer, bought it new in 98. In 09 added this, now it smokes the tires all the way to 110mph, 518 HP,
443 torgue on 13 lbs boost!

VORTECH SUPERCHARGER KIT V-2 SI TRIM SATIN COBRA - SN95

Edited by cobramike