Model Cars Magazine Forum

LTL 9000 Service Truck (WIP Still)

Got bored waiting for the paint to dry on my fire truck, it take a few days for it to dry in the basement because it so cool down there.

But anyways here are pics of my service truck that I have been working on, on and off for about 2 years. This truck will be for servicing semi's that have broken down on the road.

I am using Italeri's Lone Wolf kit for the base less the kit sleeper roof, sourced a flat one from the parts box. The frame has one serious stretch to it. the kit engine was replaced with a CFC Cummins 525hp N14. The front wheels are turned aluminum from Bill Drennan (no longer made). The rear wheels are from the Wild cat western star. Every thing behind the sleeper has been scratch built, the tool box doors are hinged and open, the crane is modeled after an IMT 5020.

Enjoy

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

I made some progress on this tonight. I have the 1st of at least 5 hose reels almost built. On this one all I have to do is build the hose guide. I also built the drip pan that these will sit in when mounted to the truck. I have included another pic from the rear of the truck show where these will be mounted.

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

• 1 month later...

Progress update.

The cab and sleeper have been painted, polished and decaled. some of the decals were made on my computer, the door logo's were made by another modeler on his alps printer, the permits are from my parts bin and the fuel tank lettering are dry transfers.

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

I decided that the kit supplied stacks were to small so I made some scale 8" stacks from stainless steel tube. I scratch built the stack brackets from brass square tube and round tube. They were soldered togther with plumbing solder used on coper pipe.

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

Mark

Guest tonyboy

Mark,

The stack bracket detail is outrageous! I personally have always hated the kit supplied stacks but you fixed that problem :D

• 2 weeks later...

More progress has been made. The service body is painted and more computer generated decals have been applied. Now it will be back to the paint booth for the clear coat. Can't wait till that is applied and dry, I'm looking forward to detailing out the service body.

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg