Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post your stalled projects

It's summertime and I'm generally pretty busy with "life" these days, so there's not a whole lot going on for me at the model bench. So in the interest of participating on the board I thought I'd post a few pics of stalled projects I've accumulated. Some I haven't worked on in months, some not in years. Feel free to post some of your stalled projects so I don't feel too alone here! :D

I've posted these before on other boards, so for those who've seen them before, my apologies (hopefully soon I'll be able to post some actual progress pics). Here are a few:

'60 Chev Bel Air 2-door sedan conversion using a Tom Coolidge roof:

img3985xu3.th.jpg

A Johan '60 Olds roof transplant (from the '60 Impala):

img3988kb8.th.jpg

An AMT '67 Impala "quick build" from about 4 years ago:

img3990wq1.th.jpg

A '69 GTX experiment using metallics for interior colours (not factory colours, though) from about 15 years ago:

img3996yc6.th.jpg

A '57 Chev short track car "quick build" from about 3 years ago:

img3998cd1.th.jpg

A '69 Chevelle short track car on a modified NASCAR chassis from about 3 years ago:

img4001jp3.th.jpg

My '60 Fury Restoration Challenge (from the other board) car from a few years ago:

img4006fn7.th.jpg

Panther Pink '70 Challenger ragtop:

img4009qw3.th.jpg

A '69 Cougar body on a Model King (MPC) Super Stocker chassis:

euejw7xf8.th.jpg

There are others... but that's enough for now! :oops: :roll:

Anybody else out there as bad as I am for starting something but not finishing it?? :D

First off let me appologize because I can't post pictures.(I have a real tough time with that both on this forum and a fiero forum I belong to.) But I will list some of the projects I've stalled.

AMT Batmobile-I started trying to make the side intakes more realistic.

MPC Ghostrider-I started puttying the widebody kit after I glued it in place

Monogram Bugatti EB-110-I'ts painted...but thats about it

Revell pro-street Chevelle- I wanted to paint it like the first release of it I had which was apple green but it's too humid( I live in the north east! I'm gonna stop there because if I think too much about it I'll remember some more and I'll be even more behind.

Later,

Mike

Okay, here are a couple of mine. First, an R&R '53 Buick convertible. I used a modified Monogram '53 Chevy chassis. Wheels and tires from the AMT '62 T-Bird kit. I can't remember for sure where the up-top came from. Maybe the Lindberg '53 Ford.

IM000221_0003-vi.jpg

Next is a Revell '34 Ford coupe in 1/16 scale. I'm using a lot of parts from the Minicraft A-V8. I cast the rear wheels and slicks from resin.

Scan0006-vi.jpg

I have a bunch more, but these are two I want to get back after sooner than later.

Daniel, I don't know you that well, but I learned BIOP pretty quickly and also the T-bolt story.

YOU? Appalled??? LOL

Anyway, here is what I have stalled out on:

Revell Mustang

must23-vi.jpg

Fujimi Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII Ralli Art Street Version

evo4-vi.jpg

Fujimi Lamborghini Gallardo

lamb9-vi.jpg

AMT Toyota Supra F&F

sup7-vi.jpg

Fujimi Porsche 917K

917b-vi.jpg

Fujimi Ferrari 550 Maranello

550a-vi.jpg

I'm slowly whittling away on the GTO. Had to gather up some parts to make my dipstick tube and handle. Then again, the heat takes a lot out of me too.

Chris

I hesitated at first to post these, because they really seem to bug people. I just can't get a break around here to get things moving again.

1964 GTO the license plate will read "HYNMYTY".

1964GTOmockupFinal-vi.jpg

And yeah...it's got a hemi.

1964GTOenginecompartmentmockup-vi.jpg

A little Camaro Weekend Warrior Action.

CamaroDragCar1-vi.jpg

Some of the parts...gawd, I hope I can still find them.

CamaroDragCar8-vi.jpg

Bantam Blast

Bantamassemblies-vi.jpg

There are more...but I can't bring myself to go on. I will not even post the TBolt until I make some more progress!

We all have 'em.

First up, Mustang Ghia conversion. Hasn't gone anywhere since the photo. The AMX has.

AMXandMustangIIGhia-vi.jpg

AMX w/first coats of Big Bad Blue paint. It was a disaster at first, paint splattered badly in my first attempt at Testors new lacquers. A new nozzle solved the problem. Then it warped in my dehydrator as the resin is a bit soft and it was put in crooked :roll: 3 hours of hot water dewarping... :oops: Will get SG black "shadow mask", need to figure how to make the silver separation stripe. And get better results w/Alclad, or Spaz Stix, or Mirrachrome or Killer Chrome :roll: Hopefully finished for our pony car theme in November.

AMX1-vi.jpg

Porsche Carrera GT coupe. Started w/an idea w/a friend, he started and then finished his racer first (had it at NNL East past 2 years), hope to finish this street version before November. As conversions go, this one's almost too easy w/Revell roof. Parts fit like magic.

CGT1-vi.jpg

CGT2-vi.jpg

Nissan March, John Cooper Works Mini Cooper S. Got bored w/the March, and waited for some better rims for Cooper S. Got the rims from the RSX kit, so it may get done soon.

JCWCooperandMicra-vi.jpg

these aren't so much stalled because I've lost steam as, much as I've run out of time lately...

1961 Buick Special Wagon

DSCF1881-vi.jpg

1981 Buick Regal Indy Pace Car

DSCF1791-vi.jpg

1996 Porsche 911 Turbo

DSCF2386-vi.jpg

AMT Car Craft Dream Rod

DSCF0150-vi.jpg

Barely 'Cuda

DSCF1837-vi.jpg

BarelyCuda2-vi.jpg

Barely 'Cuda II

DSCF1856-vi.jpg

Untitled1-vi.jpg

MPC Dodge Charger III Show Car

DSCF1658-vi.jpg

CrudZilla

DSCF2000-vi.jpg

Speedair

DSCF0014-vi.jpg

Custom 57 Corvette

DSCF0026-vi.jpg

Project Bonne-Fire

DSCF0028-vi.jpg

John Milner's 1932 Ford 5 window

DSCF0039-vi.jpg

John Milner's Dragster

DSCF0053-vi.jpg

Project Prom Night 4-door 1978 Corvette Indy Pace car

DSCF0085-vi.jpg

1982 Collectors edition Vette

DSCF0090-vi.jpg

1977 Corvette

DSCF0094-vi.jpg

Mach III Coupe

DSCF0142-vi.jpg

1997 Custom F150

DSCF0146-vi.jpg

Land Shark

DSCF0330-vi.jpg

1973 Vette

DSCF1548-vi.jpg

1970 Impala Fastback

DSCF1784-vi.jpg

2005 Tom Daniel California 'Vette Tribute

DSCF1148-vi.jpg

Only 22 Models in progress...lol

Wow! Theres some neat stuff there that I would love to get my hands on....

:D

Actually, I have SO Many "Stalled" projects that it would end up taking me the better part of a day to photograph and post them all. I like to think of them not so much as "stalled", but simply pushed back to make way for a more intresting project.

You can think of the stalled project as a playground for learning....., or some such justification...

Ok, I done.

8)

Dave, I drooling over some of those cool projects!!!

:D

Really like how you think dude, thanks!

Mad Slammmer..... I love the Bus project! I have one started too that I really need to finish and you may have guilted me into warming that one up again. However, please post your full name in the signature box in your profile section so we all can know who built such cool stuff. Tanks!!

8)

Wow! :shock: There's some great stuff there that's begging to be completed!

Thanks to everybody for posting their incompleted projects... now I don't have to feel so guilty from having unfinished stuff sitting in boxes while I contemplate starting new projects! 8)

I would post in this thread...but then the board would explode. I have about 150 stalled projects. More then half are NASCARs....No so much stalled though as just moving on to another project....

OK, I guess I will post some of the ones I think the board will find the most interesting.

This one is probably the most interesting. It started out as one of Revell/Monogram's awesome 48 Ford Woodys, and then it met Mr. Razor Saw. The plan is to shoehorn an AMT NASCAR engine into it. I also want to replace the wood panels with real wood. I have not touched it for over a year.

22005022-vi.jpg

This 64 Impala was on track to be my best model ever. Then, while clearcoating it, I dropped it in the snow, ruining it. Acid Snow (gotta love New York :roll: ) and Tamiya clear don't mix. So it's pretty dead. Then I bought a MCW 64 Biscayne, found out I needed to supply the hood and taillight panel. Didn't have one, so it sat, and the Biscayne got crushed in my basement. D'oh. It's almost a comedy of errors, if it was funny.

NNLEast2005003-vi.jpg

This one came to a grinding halt when I discovered, either by shoddy kit making, or shoddy building (probably the latter) I needed to section the dashboard to fit.

1305187-vi.jpg

Project Gold Rush came to a halt when it got to the point where I wanted to go MC Hammer on it.

Not a great picture, but, it's good enough. I did prime it (twice) but neither time worked. I HATE primer.

2006February9002-vi.jpg

My 40 Ford Sedan Delivery has been stalled since 2001. It was my first successfull door opening. I stupidly brush painted it black, and that's pretty much what killed it. I also bought some hinges from MicroMark but lost them which kind of hurt the project. I found them though, in the bottom of one of my parts boxes, last month! So I may get back too it. The door will be reverse hinged, a Suicide door.

317052015-vi.jpg