Model Cars Magazine Forum

hot rodded ,BEDFORD ' OSBT ',7-26-14 ,exhaust ,work on the bed,

here is a different set up ,stock rims off the bedford kit with the tires from one of the REVELE 29 RAT RODS ,,remove the white wall inserts and the rims fit ,the back had to be modified , there is a stock tire behind the rear ,to see just how much lower I can make it ,

161jdvt.jpg

293ug4j.jpg

This is very kool.The top chop is just right and the dual wheels peeking out through the bed are just plain outrageous.As for using the pennys....I had heard that some guys in Pa.were still using them to determine ride height and now I see that is true.Here in Ohio we stopped using pennys in the 1960's as they are simply too thick.Even a single one is too much.We tried dimes....but again too thick.Then we tried .020"sheet styrene.....nope...too high.Finally we settled on sheets of paper.....The thickest we ever use is poster board and work down from there to onion skin paper.You might want to consider switching while this truck is still in the planning stages.

Seriously this is going to be an outrageous build and a lot of fun to follow.

Where did the body come from?I really like the 1940-ish look to it.