Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toyota Celica

Lovefordgalaxie

This is my only Japanese car.

Built it a long time ago from a Tamiya kit, and painted it with Tamiya Italian Red spray paint.

Have nothing against Japanese cars, just the manufacturers don't appeal to me at all. I like my cars with the blue oval, a Ladea boat from the Volga River inside the emblem, or a deer over the GAZ lettering. The last two, manufactured before 1991.

14552051514_481de13730_c.jpgToyota Celica by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

14550227891_15ef3879a7_c.jpgToyota Celica by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

14367030129_7785209e68_c.jpgToyota Celica by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

14573742673_f27c62dfdb_c.jpgToyota Celica by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

Thanks guys!!

Yep, I'm out of my comfort zone.

Very clean and accurate Tulio ;) ,

Why, because my ex-wife drives one...exactly the same :lol: !

Thanks!! I built it a lot of time ago, when I was in college, and one of my pals had one. I remember asking him to see the engine to get the basic color scheme under the hood.

Friend of ours had one of those Celicas. Involved in a big recall in the U.S. because of oiling problems, and it resulted in a class-action suit against Toyota involving a lot of cars.

Always thought it was one of their better styling jobs, especially considering now most of their cars combine the worst aspects of bland and ugly.

Charlie Larkin

Friend of ours had one of those Celicas. Involved in a big recall in the U.S. because of oiling problems, and it resulted in a class-action suit against Toyota involving a lot of cars.

Always thought it was one of their better styling jobs, especially considering now most of their cars combine the worst aspects of bland and ugly.

Charlie Larkin

You know, I always thought this to be the best looking Toyota ever too. The car looks sporty and actually has a personality.

I think the Japanese car manufacturers try to make cars to please, or at least not to repeal, the vast majority of people. The more "personality" a car has, bigger the chances a large amount of people will hate it, and don't buy it.

looks great. I loved the old Celicas, i had a few from the late 70's ones, but stopped when they went FWD as i hate that. I so miss my old 70's cars. Only cars i would own are Japenese or German. I wouldnt be seen dead in anything French or American or made in UK.....although a few months ago i got a 15 year old Cherokee, its horrendous. Badly fitting plastic all over, it handles bad and just so uncomfy to drive. I only got it as i live at the highest point in my city so 4x4 would have been useful, and i had plannned on drivin a round trip of 3000 miles towing a russian 4x4. After a few days i knew it would be no good for such a long trip........only good thing about it is that i just pour veg cooking oil straight into the tank and off i drive.