Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Sexiest and Most Valuable Car in the Galaxy Offered for Sale

While I understand this car's beauty, pedigree, rarity etc & the fact some really, really, really rich person IS going to buy it... I just think $60 MILLION for a car... Things are just getting stupidly ridiculous.... ??

I'll have to check my references at home to be sure but I'm almost certain that this car,along with all the other 250 GTOs, has been crashed at least once in it's life.Some were wrecked so badly that everything but the serial number plate was thrown away and a new vehicle was built underneath it.

Lovely car. One of my favorites. I still need a decent, reasonably price, and not too complicated to build, 1/25th (or 1/24th) scale model kit of this car. I don't understand why this car is not offered in kit fom by somebody like Revell.

It is:

http://www.revell.de/en/products/model-building/cars/young-oldtimer/id/07077.html

And the Fujimi one is a fantastic kit, too:

http://www.amazon.com/12358-24-Ferrari-250-GTO/dp/B001OC74Y8

I'm not sure I'd have one at $60m., but $60 seems OK...

bestest,

m.

"...sexiest car in the world..." is subjective and the author is being presumptuous. Obviously he's never seen an Aston R-1, a Maserati 250s, or an XK120, or a C-, D-, or E-Type, or even a 250SWB or a '57 250TR, and so on.

And, as for as I'm concerned, spending $60 million bucks on a car is kind of vulgar, really. If I had that kind of dough burning a hole in my pocket I think I'd rather send a few thousand kids to college instead. It may well be that the buyer of this car does that kind of thing, too, but I seriously doubt it.

PB.

Did anyone else catch the 25 hours of Le Mans? Another photo claims the car was racing in 1961 but the cars were built between 1962 & 1964. Don't the authors of these stories do some basic research? By the way, it is a lovely automobile. I have a 1938 Allis Chalmers WC I'd be willing to use as a partial trade.