Model Cars Magazine Forum

Two-part question re: Edelbrock Rat Roaster inline 2 x 4bbl Hemi intake

First part - does anyone make one of these sized to fit 1/25th scale kit engine blocks? I tried out one from a Ross Gibson engine and it was way too big, I'm guessing his is probably 1/24th. I'd like to not waste money buying a part that's just a recast of the Gibson piece.

Second part - if there aren't any available and I were to scratch-build one, would there be interest in using it as a master for a resin piece? I don't have the materials to do this myself, but I'd gladly loan it to someone in return for a few casts. These were popular on Super Stock Hemi Cudas back in the day.

photobucket251831352558053204-vi.jpg

3946717087_240bd6bdac_b-vi.jpg

Edited by Brett Barrow

Just pulled the one I have and did a test fit on a partially assembled Johan Hemi from the 71 Cuda and it fits it like a glove.

I have a couple of the new 1970 Cuda kits.,,but nothing assembled

If I get time this week,,,,,,,,, I assemble the long block from that kit and see how well it fits and report back.

Sorry,,I don't have a single one of the 1/24th scale Revell/monogram kits to ck and see how it fits those.( I try my best to stay all 1/25th scale if at all possibile to keep the dispaly case uniform,, ( ,yes I admit I am a scale snob ))

It might be 1/24th scale but the only Edelbrock Rat Roaster intake manifold I know of is made by Ross Gibson, but he only sells complete engines so it's the Super Stock Rat Roaster Hemi RGE 204 engine you have to find to get one.

It wasn't only Super Stock 'Cudas and Challengers who used this intake, Sox & Martin and Jack Werst ran Rat Roaster equipped Hemi's in their SS/E and SS/EA Plymouth Superbird's.

Edited by Force