Model Cars Magazine Forum

For those that that live in the Phoenix East valley

Looks like today is the last day that Dick and Suzanne at The Hobby Depot are honoring Hobby Lobby's coupon. This is from their monthly email newsletter.

"Their Coupon is Our Coupon

This Friday and Saturday, July 4th and 5th, we will be having another Their Coupon is Our Coupon Sale. We will honor 40% off coupons from the big box hobby and craft stores that are valid on the 4th and 5th with the terms on the coupon."

Ya, had quite a bit of haboobery Thursday night...made a mess of my yard and pool. As far as Hobby Depot, it is sort of my LHS since it's only about 5 min from my office in Tempe, so I visit there 2-3 times a month usually. I like their $10 off punchcards.

Edited by Rob Hall

Yep. That's one of the things I like about living in the Valley of the Sun. Nice, sunny weather almost year-round, occasional rain, and big haboobies.

There's also lots and lots of bikinis, microskirts, short-shorts, tank tops, tube tops, and almost no tops.

Although I have to say, the haboobery really messes up your cars. On the other hand, they've made millionaires out of the car wash owners and detailers.

I have a feeling detailers won't really relieve the damage done to cars from those things.

I am telling you, people talk about California with its earthquakes, but I would rather worry about those (or not) than some of this other stuff like those haboobs or tornadoes that will whip you away to Oz anyday.

but really, its a dry heat.

sorry to lead the thread astray, I was looking at it because I thought there might be a model contest coming up sometime soon in Phoenix. I might find myself down that way between now and autumn time.

jb

Mike has it right: Pretty much the only planned activity (at least at the present time) for the rest of the year is the IPMS Modelzona show/contest/flea market ~ 1st Saturday of November and the GoodGuys Southwest Nationals Model Car and Pedal Car Show/Contest ~ 3rd weekend of November. There will probably be another Saturday Plastic Flea Market, late September or October, but I haven't heard the date yet.

Ahh, the dust in the pics look worse that it is :rolleyes:

Just do not try to drive in it, and suck all that gunk into your motor. For those that do not live here, it is like very fine brown talcum powder. it is not like getting sand blasted. If you get a good coat of it, it will take a couple washes before it does not run mud out of mirrors etc, but honestly, looks much worse than it is.

I will take it over a blizzard ANY day.

I was speaking with a vendor in Tucson this afternoon. He had heard about our major thunderstorms here in NJ/PA. I told him I lost power over night so we just went to bed when it got dark, He said in Tucson when the power goes out you head to a hotel because you can't sleep in the 100 degree weather. Can't imagine that one!

I was speaking with a vendor in Tucson this afternoon. He had heard about our major thunderstorms here in NJ/PA. I told him I lost power over night so we just went to bed when it got dark, He said in Tucson when the power goes out you head to a hotel because you can't sleep in the 100 degree weather. Can't imagine that one!

I had a couple night time power outages during the monsoons of '08..one that was 3-4 hrs and the other about 6-7 hours..was tough sleeping, but I wouldn't leave the dogs in the house to go to a hotel..problem w/ my old neighborhood is that the power lines are above ground and heavy wind and storms blow branches into them, take out a line..

Edited by Rob Hall