Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

In the "Wish I had a photo" category.... today on my way home I saw a trailer load of new cars headed the other direction on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.... a full load of  New York City Police cars headed East.  All identical Toyota Priuses, complete with markings and lights... ready for service!    That would've been a cool photo!

Edited by Tom Geiger

teardrop1

My sister is on her way back to NJ from Texas and sent me these pix via text this afternoon.  Somewhere in Virginia...   

teardrop2

I really want one of these. I'm not old enough to need to bring my whole house camping, but I am old enough that sleeping on the ground has lost its appeal and these are just perfect for that, a bed and a kitchen in a small package that even a Prius can tow. :)

No pics, but there was an early 00's Celica that I saw on my way home that had been blacked out that was burning so much oil that it looked like it was rolling coal.  Although I'm not sure if the tail lights were tinted and the muffler and tail pipe were painted black, or if that was just soot from the exhaust covering both................

Ok, anybody else find it funny that the transport driver has an overlong load type red flag on the back of the Ford with a Continental Kit?!

In a way that is funny, but he had to because it is overhanging the end of the trailer. I personally think I would have loaded it in a different position, car carriers are notorious for being tail draggers even for a slight dip going in and out of parking lots etc, and I sure wouldn't want to have to explain why the rear bumper was gone! :lol: 

What I don't find funny is not only was this pic took while driving, it was done in a construction zone! :angry:

No pics due to traffic & safety considerations, but a dood was out cruising afternoon rush hour traffic in the Arrowhead area in his brand-new {paper plate from a dealer} candy red pearl McLaren 675LT. 

Whoa!  Niiiiiiiiiiice! 

But, Dood - rush hour traffic?