Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Hmmm...........I dunno. I thought I read somewhere that Chrysler's 1961 Imperial had Cadillac beat. If I'm not mistaken by a ­½" or so............

1961l1-Chrysler-Imperial-Crown-DV-10-RMM_01.jpg

Either which way, they're TREMENDOUS and the last of their kind! 

Oh my, that right there is drop dead gorgeous. 

I think this may be the color when I re-do my 61 Imperial builtup

I believe this is a 63. When it pulled out in front of my, that's the date that popped into my head. When I got home and Googled, it seems my pea-brain was actually right.

Besides this, I saw about 10 classics passing on the opposite of the interstate today. Sadly, I dare not test the ability of my car to jump a Jersey barrier. And right after, on my own side of the interstate, I got stuck in a parade of Harleys. About 300 of them. Literally.

The '63 Corvair:

Just came back to Austin from Corpus Christi. Apparently there was a car show down there this weekend. There was a steady convoy of hotrods, lowered pickup trucks and muscle cars all the way up I-37. I didn't realize there were so many 32 Fords around. I was driving, so I didn't get pics, but some of them looked pretty nice.

I believe this is a 63. When it pulled out in front of my, that's the date that popped into my head. When I got home and Googled, it seems my pea-brain was actually right.

Besides this, I saw about 10 classics passing on the opposite of the interstate today. Sadly, I dare not test the ability of my car to jump a Jersey barrier. And right after, on my own side of the interstate, I got stuck in a parade of Harleys. About 300 of them. Literally.

The '63 Corvair:

1963%20Chevy%20Corvair%201_zpslbdkimpb.j

1963%20Chevy%20Corvair%202_zpsngvtgbpb.j

Going by the chrome rings in the taillight lenses, it's a '64 - the '63 had a chrome blade with a bullet like the full-size cars did.

I was driving in Desoto County this afternoon, and got stuck behind a geezer in a black Mercedes. Right as I started to pass, I saw that the car had a personalized plate that read "KILLER2".

That wormed around my brain-stem for a few seconds before I realize I'd blazed past Jerry Lee Lewis. I did get a look at the driver, and I am confident it was him. As soon as I realized who I'd passed, I tried to slow down to let him pass me, but traffic got thick. Oops. Would have been a great pic.

What I saw on the road today- MY CAR! Fresh out of the body shop, wearing new paint on the hood and front fender, and headlights wet sanded & buffed. So happy!

My condolences, Jon. Glad to see the patient pulled through looking fine!  :D