Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

I saw this one a few days ago. I don't know its name, but I know where it lives. -On the other side of my village.

DSCF1627_zpsengw7swo.jpg

And then, in the next village over - the Alfa shop had its bay doors open since the weather was warm. No Alfas in there though, go figure.

DSCF1629_zpsdrdip2mu.jpg

At least they had some of the real stuff around the back..

DSCF1632_zpsvzkyf745.jpg

And then, a little bit down the road there was this one; Well, admittedly it is not actually on the road, but fairly close to it anyhow.

DSCF1628_zps9vf1ebpv.jpg

Edited by lysleder

I saw a car I've never heard of, let alone seen. It was a Fisker Karma EV. I'm guessin it's Teslas competition l. I didn't get a pic of the car when it went by me, but here's a Google image of one just like I saw.

original_zpsrwxoglab.jpg

I believe that's a Tesla? Fisker's are a bit bigger and IMO a bit flashier. Tesla's are becoming more and more seen in my neck of the woods. BEAUTIFUL cars!

I saw a car I've never heard of, let alone seen. It was a Fisker Karma EV. I'm guessin it's Teslas competition l. I didn't get a pic of the car when it went by me, but here's a Google image of one just like I saw.

That's a photo of a Tesla Model S...pretty common around here.  The Fisker Karma looked kind of like a 4dr Corvette.  Fisker is defunct, they were around for a year or so..the Karma was powered by a Chevy Volt Hybrid powertrain...a new owner is trying to relaunch the company...  the Karma and Tesla Model S had the same stylist, I've read.

Here is a pic of the Karma..

http://static2.consumerreportscdn.org/etc/designs/news-archive/cars/2012/02/2012-Fisker-Karma-ATD-large.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall

I saw a early 70s Mercury Comet today on east-bound I-240. Sadly, I was unable to take a picture. It was lovely, in green with a tan or yellow vinyl top. I would have taken a picture if the beast hadn't been on the side of the road with the hood up smoking, with me doing 70mph.

Not actually on the road, but in the lobby of an office building I was working in today. Wasn't expecting to see an immaculate silver and red, '63 split window Corvette when I walked up to the door. There was a little bit of Chevrolet history on the plaque and it also stated that the building owners usually put art on display in their lobbies. They were going with a different kind of art for this building. The car was on loan from the plaque called the "current and original owner".

photo%201a.jpg

photo%203a.jpg

Edited by Xingu
Public School Spelling

This morning, within maybe 10 minutes, I saw three Challengers.

Now a Challenger (at least the current one) isn't exactly "rare," but still, around here you don't see them a lot. I could go for weeks without seeing one on the road. But the cool part is, one of the three I saw today was from the muscle car era (I don't know what year exactly, but definitely from the '70s)... red convertible with white stripes. And man, did it sound good! B)

Yesterday a beautiful C1 Corvette cruised by my house. Didn't see any of the front so can't even say if it was dual or quad headlights. It was clean and shiny (obviously restored) with whitewalls and full wheel covers. Looked completely stock--except I'm not sure about the color. It was sort of a "dreamsickle orange" with white coves. Never seen a color like that on an early Vette before. I looked up the color charts for all years from '56 to '60 and didn't see anything remotely like it. Ideas, anyone? Just a nonstandard repaint?

1937 Plymouth on display at the Elvis house in Tupelo.

I also finally took some pics at the car museum there too. Not sure if there is any interest. Standard museum type pics, meaning crowded with other cars and you cannot get the right angles. Took them mostly for myself, since I probably won't be back to Tupelo any time soon.

Today while Cruising here in Finland I saw this '66 Valiant on a parking lot. It looked really good and as I had a camera with me, I decided to stop and shoot a couple of pics.

DSCN0319.JPG?img=img1280

DSCN0320.JPG?img=img1280

Then I also saw this American LaFrance, but I wasn't fast enough to take a picture. Here is an older picture from my galleries anyway:

DSCN7289.JPG?img=img1280

mercedeswagon

I've seen this low Mercedes wagon on the road around Princeton, NJ a few times with a young guy driving it. This time it was sitting in a parking lot.  Photo taken with my phone from stopped traffic on the other side of the highway divider!

jagxke

We had our  neighborhood garage sale today.  We didn't wish to sell this year, so I walked around and visited with the neighbors.  A peek inside one garage revealed this Jaguar XKE 2+2 stored inside.  You never know what's hiding on suburban garages!

BTW, I had been looking to buy a 24' ladder, which would have cost me $250 roughly.  Found a nice one for $60. And my 1/3 sheet sander gave up the ghost some time ago.  They stopped making these some time ago and I've never liked the new one I bought. Found one just like my old one for $5.

I've seen a few offbeat oldies the last few days driving around town...

a rough 59 Edsel 2dr sedan in primer gray w/ red trim and red wheels

a very rough 60 Pontiac 2dr sedan in faded red w/ white top, no bumpers, lifted in the rear, a blower hat sticking through the hood

what appeared to be an all original, faded/oxidized lt blue '63 Plymouth wagon

a white '73 Ranchero 500 w/ a white bed cap