Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

65 Ford

I've been passing this one on my way to and from work.  Finally stopped to take a photo and take a close look.  It's a 1965 Ford Fairlane 2 door sedan.  Body appears solid under the flat black spray paint job.  Inside there is a bench seat and a floor shifter.  I didn't open the hood to find out the engine, nor was there a price on it.  The original color was red, so this will paint up to be a cool old car.

I've been passing this one on my way to and from work.  Finally stopped to take a photo and take a close look.  It's a 1965 Ford Fairlane 2 door sedan.  Body appears solid under the flat black spray paint job.  Inside there is a bench seat and a floor shifter.  I didn't open the hood to find out the engine, nor was there a price on it.  The original color was red, so this will paint up to be a cool old car.

So Tom, What was the Asking Price or was it Call ?

So Tom, What was the Asking Price or was it Call ?

No price or number on it, just the beat up For Sale sign.  It was outside a repair shop so I guess I would have to inquire.   I actually didn't want to know the price, these cars have a way of following me home and I don't need another project

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a really clean '78-79 Ford F-series shortbed flareside 2wd pickup, maroon w/ the rectangular headlights.   I've seen this truck in traffic in the morning maybe 4-5 times over the last couple of months.  And strangely enough, each time I've seen it the driver is going 10-15 mph slower than the posted limit.    I passed him then got in front of him, and he came up behind me over a car length away at the light...must have bad brakes.

Today on my way home I came upon a red light and wound up right next to another red PT Cruiser convertible.  The lady driver immediately noticed and waved!

And here's something unusual to see in New Jersey the other evening....

fiat4Fiat 127 sitting on the back row of a used car lot in New Jersey of all places.....   still wearing Euro plates,  can anyone ID where it came from?

fiat1Rear view. I know nothing about this car.  I don't know how old it is.  It was pretty clean overall. No visible rust. No tears in interior.

fiat2

Wallenius Wilhelmsen is a logistics company that seems to ship from and to anywhere.  The code of DBRH is Bremerhaven, Germany and of course shipped to New York.  

fiat3

And a sticker that tells that it was shipped commercially for resale.   There has to be a story here....

Fiat 127 sitting on the back row of a used car lot in New Jersey of all places.....   still wearing Euro plates,  can anyone ID where it came from?

Slovakia, going by the "SK" and the plate format.  Which sounds like there's a REALLY good story here.

The 127 (along with many other FIATs) was also license-built in Egypt by the state-owned Nasr car company.  Egyptians love those cars, whether real FIATs or copies. One of my Egyptian friends had a nearly new Skoda, but his wife mostly drove that car.  He drove his red Fiat 128, which was his first car when he was in college, I think.  He lived in Alexandria, so it was pretty rusty and beat-up.  But he wouldn't have sold that car for any amount of money.

Edited by Mike999
error