Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

9 hours ago, espo said:

Is that the Cadillac store at 103rd and State Line Road ??

Yes, they had some big shindig for the Forbes top 250 Kansas Citians and had these displayed. They were definitely immaculate.  I've worked in the parts dept for 39 years starting with Roach Cadillac that was at 80th and State Line Rd.

Saw this old Dodge truck at a winery east of Erie, Pa yesterday, up near the NY state line.

IMG-4316.JPG

And saw the beastly 2019 Corvette ZR-1 convertible at the Cleveland Auto Show on Saturday...was hard to get pics w/ the crowds.

IMG-4306.JPG

Edited by Rob Hall

5 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Saw this old Dodge truck at a winery east of Erie, Pa yesterday, up near the NY state line.

IMG-4316.JPG

That is something you don't see everyday, they got the tires on concrete and chocked the wheel. I would like to have that truck and two of those barrels.

16 minutes ago, Erik Smith said:

For some odd reason, which I refuse to try to explain, I love theses second gen Maximas. It’s great to see any older (30+, yes, that’s older) car well maintained and driving too...

74DBEEBB-62F5-485E-B415-2821B7E81E32.jpeg

The boxy shape, white paint, and still wearing the stock wheel covers? What's not to love? My eyes are instantly drawn to the door bottoms to check for tell-tale signs of rust...#midwestproblems :lol:

Yesterday I saw this Rambler Wagon cruising on the highway. Seeing cars like this during the winter in here is definitely not common. The picture is an older one that I took last year on the same car...

PB031156.JPG?img=medium

Today at a local gas station a very clean looking Chevy Stepside stopped by. This might not be that special in the USA, but here in the winter it is...

P3032047.JPG?img=medium

P3032048.JPG?img=medium

8 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

FB_IMG_1520129899592.jpg.34b8b7db6c04b8b99f5fe24b3724fd62.jpg

As a teenager (didn't have my license yet), I wanted one of these. I remember reading an article about them that said it had very poor braking. No idea why that still sticks with me.

I think I would still like one now.

6 hours ago, Xingu said:

As a teenager (didn't have my license yet), I wanted one of these. I remember reading an article about them that said it had very poor braking. No idea why that still sticks with me.

I think I would still like one now.

I've always loved the Esprit, and even though I know they are troublesome and prone to many issues, I still want one. Alas, I highly doubt my 6'6" frame would fit.

Sorry I didn't have a camera, But coming home from Lima Ohio  I seen a '71 Pontiac Grand prix being driven east while I was going west. Then when I was with my 82 year old aunt we was passed by a '70 El Camino on a trailer in restored condition . Pictures were found on the net of the two car's I spotted today, Same colors ect.

pontiac-grand-prix-1971-3.jpg

1970-El-Camino-SS-1280x800-01.jpg

Every time I go into Danbury, CT I pass a canvas garage with either a Rolls Royce or Bentley parked partly in and partly out. The house where it resides must be worth US $200k  if that much. The car looks to be nearly half that worth.

Robert