Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Today I saw this very clean Volvo Duett parked in side of the road. I found a parking place nearby as well, so I was able to go and take a picture of it. It was like new.

20180323_133348.jpg?img=medium

I also saw a Volvo Amazon STW from the early '60s and a very clean '76 Dodge Coronet STW. But I didn't have a camera on hand...

Today I saw a clean two door Chevy Caprice Classic. The four door models, or especially Wagons are not very rare around here, except for the ones that are in very good condition. But these two door models are very rare around here. I can't even remember the last time I saw one of these 2D models in traffic or in a Cruising Night, it was several years ago.

20180326_185220.jpg?img=medium

On 3/26/2018 at 2:54 PM, W-409 said:

Today I saw a clean two door Chevy Caprice Classic. The four door models, or especially Wagons are not very rare around here, except for the ones that are in very good condition. But these two door models are very rare around here. I can't even remember the last time I saw one of these 2D models in traffic or in a Cruising Night, it was several years ago.

20180326_185220.jpg?img=medium

2 doors are not common here in Michigan. Most of them are 4 doors that are still around. 

16 hours ago, Casey said:

A Ford Granada. :blink:

29791116_10212163364100353_2789381116408

And this Chrysler yesterday:

29594377_10212155478223211_7784179606690

I think there is more to this Granada than meets the eye. The exterior looks far to nice and looking at the widened wheels I think there might just be enough under the hood to make a little smoke.

Last week I was driving home in my 2014 Chevy Impala when I see up ahead a 1958 Chevy Impala coupe in the lane next to me.  It took a few minutes to catch up and pull along side the 1958 Impala.  I wanted to see the current generation Impala next to the first Impala. 

Pretty cool!

I agree with you,that Granada looks pretty cool,as far as Granadas go..The tires look good,and it appears to have dual exhaust.Drop a 5.0 in that car,and you have the perfect sleeper.I saw a Granada once being sold at Barrett Jackson.It had a factory V8,and a very rare four speed.From what I remember,the car sold for a lot of $$.

On 3/31/2018 at 12:37 PM, espo said:

I think there is more to this Granada than meets the eye. The exterior looks far to nice and looking at the widened wheels I think there might just be enough under the hood to make a little smoke.

13 hours ago, crazyjim said:

You're in China?  Holy cow.

Yes. I can confirm, China is a car enthusiast’s nightmare. 

There are a lot of (or at least, not rare) very high end cars - Maseratis, GT-Rs, Mercedes up the ying yang, a fake Chinese version of the Cayenne, etc...very, very few older cars. My unscientific analysis shows 90% of cars are less than 10 years old...and the horns work on all of them.

Here’s the future:

D2E42AD6-E6FE-446F-BED2-3F98EBC16CCF.jpeg

Edited by Erik Smith

21 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

I agree with you,that Granada looks pretty cool,as far as Granadas go..The tires look good,and it appears to have dual exhaust.Drop a 5.0 in that car,and you have the perfect sleeper.I saw a Granada once being sold at Barrett Jackson.It had a factory V8,and a very rare four speed.From what I remember,the car sold for a lot of $$.

I saw a Ford Fairmont a couple of years ago that was done in the same manor in a light beige color. The owner of the body shop that I was talking to at the time said he knew the owner well and I had a Ford 347 cu in engine. You know what one of the small block Fords sound like with a lumpy cam and Flow Master 40s. That is what I noticed. I love cars like this, keep'em guessing.